Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2012/13 Kits Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    It is absolutely gorgeous, but €42 for a training top is anything but an absolute steal.

That is true but it doesn't look like a regular training top, it's more of a retro top IMO. I have the NY Cosmos top too and they look, fit & feel exactly the same. Absolute quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Really like the US jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

So Ireland are definitely not changing the home jersey for the euro's? We are the home team against Croatia but the away team in the other two games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

That Ireland jersey is quality! Will definitely be buying. Pity they don't make more similar without the '3' logo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Can't wait to get this

AquRodCCEAA5UuG.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Mars Bar wrote: »
    New US jersey.

WANT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

That Where's Wally shirt is horrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Are Ireland the only international shirt that has a sponsor on the replicas?

Just from the top of my head, I can't think of any other international replica that has a sponsor on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

CR 7 wrote: »
    I like it, but it's missing something. Maybe if the right sleeve was blue with a star on it? Can't decide if that'd look tacky or cool though.

Sounds tacky tbh. The blue shorts would give it that extra something it needs I'd say.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Xavi6 wrote: »

I thought the same initially but kinda grown to like it already :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Xavi6 wrote: »

Wrong opinion is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

J. Marston wrote: »
    Are Ireland the only international shirt that has a sponsor on the replicas?

Just from the top of my head, I can't think of any other international replica that has a sponsor on it.

You are almost correct. We're the only country who won't sell the sponsorless version.

From memory the England kit could be bought £20 cheaper with a sponsor than without it.

I have heard that you can buy the the new Irish kit sponsorless from Umbro on Westmoreland St. Not sure if that is BS or not. Maybe someone else can confirm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You are almost correct. We're the only country who won't sell the sponsorless version.

From memory the England kit could be bought £20 cheaper with a sponsor than without it.

I have heard that you can buy the the new Irish kit sponsorless from Umbro on Westmoreland St. Not sure if that is BS or not. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Me and few mates got the previous home jersey in there without the sponsor in that shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Got one myself of the second last home jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Raekwon wrote: »
    I will never buy an Ireland jersey with a ridiculous looking corporate logo printed on the front of it but I was browsing in Lifestyle Sports today and I found this Euro 2012 training top. IMO it's absolutely beautiful and is very similar to the lovely retro New York Cosmos jersey that Umbro brought out last year. Plus at €42 it's a steal compared to €60 for the horrible playing jersey with '3' plastered on the front.

l_Training_Jersey.jpg

The ma is now posting me over one of these next week. No 3 plugging for me :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

New Utd home kit, tis poxy :D

TextOnthumbnailImage.ashx?id=MANUHSL12

New Arsenal home kit

TextOnthumbnailImage.ashx?id=ARSEHSL12

New Real Madrid home kit

TextOnthumbnailImage.ashx?id=REALHSL12

New Barca kit....poxy again :D

TextOnthumbnailImage.ashx?id=BARCEHSL12

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

That United kit has to be a joke. Surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

keano_afc wrote: »

No joke!

New Inter Milan away, don't like this at all

inter-12-13-away.jpg

Rmoured Celtic away kit
    https://twitter.com/#!/VLR/status/160855655866056704/photo/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Nike sure are making horrible kits lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

That inter on is nasty, usually there away ones are nice strange theyd change the colour aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

keano_afc wrote: »

http://www.epltalk.com/manchester-united-home-shirt-for-2012-13-season-leaked-photo-36800

The story is that it is tartan in honour of Ferguson's 25th year.

However I find it very hard to believe that Utd would 'leak' their new jersy so early. They are still trying to sell this years jerseys off. Nike would be more interested in selling the Euro's jerseys I would imagine to 'leak' these. It's funny how they have been leaked just before the fake jerseys come on sale.

Not ruling it out but highly doubtful. Que the vast amount of fake jerseys now until they actually get realised in July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If they are the new Nike kits they're absolute tripe.

Although in some cases the pictures dont do a jersey justice and it maybe nicer in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

kfallon wrote: »
    inter-12-13-away.jpg

Maybe I'm wrong, but can't see Inter having a red kit, be it home or away

• Site Banned Posts: 175 ✭✭jimjimjimmy

1mcampo1 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong, but can't see Inter having a red kit, be it home or away

Just because its the colour of their rivals Milan?

They usually have white away kits which is the colour of their bigger rivals Juve, so why not red?

Just because its the colour of their rivals Milan?

They usually have white away kits which is the colour of their bigger rivals Juve, so why not red?

I think you answered your own question there because there away colours have been white as long as i can remember nothing to do with rivalry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I highly doubt the Man Utd and Arsenal jersies are real. Well I hope not (in Arsenals case anyway) as they are horrible looking things. Since when did Arsenl ever have black on their jersey? Wont be getting it anyway especially if it looks like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The crest on the Irish jersey always makes them look like something you used to get in dunnes and market stalls during the world cup

i hate that crest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

kfallon wrote: »
    New Utd home kit, tis poxy :D

TextOnthumbnailImage.ashx?id=MANUHSL12

New Arsenal home kit

TextOnthumbnailImage.ashx?id=ARSEHSL12

New Real Madrid home kit

TextOnthumbnailImage.ashx?id=REALHSL12

New Barca kit....poxy again :D

TextOnthumbnailImage.ashx?id=BARCEHSL12

Just so you know, Tales Of Soccer is a chinese website that sells fake jerseys. These are not the confirmed shirts, they are their version of what they think the jerseys will be based on photos that pop up before the shirt is revealed.

Remember this:
    man+utd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

This is a fan made HSV 125th anniversary jersey. Would have loved to seen it used but when he sent it into the club they replied saying the jersey design has already been chosen :(
    attachment.php?attachmentid=31218&d=1333469997

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Gold on a jersey is always an no-no IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

That practically looks like a St. Pauli crest on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

MrStuffins wrote: »

51da5e974c991b99615c2e660abc511b.jpg

dan1895 wrote: »
    That practically looks like a St. Pauli crest on there.

It's the Hamburg coat of arms.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    It's the Hamburg coat of arms.

Yes but Shamrock Rovers wouldn't be best pleased if they had three castles on their shirt. Although I'm unaware of what Hamburg's former badges look like and know there is a fair chance that that design has featured as a crest in the past.

Especially when the team in question has won nothing the previous season.

• Advertisement

Yes but Shamrock Rovers wouldn't be best pleased if they had three castles on their shirt. Although I'm unaware of what Hamburg's former badges look like and know there is a fair chance that that design has featured as a crest in the past.

The current crest has been used since 1919 when 3 clubs merged to form HSV. I think one of the clubs merged used the older version of the coat of arms on their crest. Not that it matters, HSV are Hamburgs team so if they wanted to use the COA, it wouldn't matter what the little team across town thought. ;)
    Especially when the team in question has won nothing the previous season.

It was only going to be a one off jersey for the home game on the day of the anniversary. Nobody is claiming to win anything, there are gold bundesliga badges for the winners :)

It was only going to be a one off jersey for the home game on the day of the anniversary. Nobody is claiming to win anything, there are gold bundesliga badges for the winners :)

I was thinking more of the Chelsea shirt on the previous page

• Site Banned Posts: 175 ✭✭jimjimjimmy

I think you answered your own question there because there away colours have been white as long as i can remember nothing to do with rivalry.

Not always, they have had yellow a few times too and not that long ago. Just because they never had a colour doesn't mean they won't now, look at Madrid this season they have a red away one.

Stuttgart home/away/third unveiled today with new sponsor.

Aq1-KOaCAAAJipL.jpg:large
    Aq19274CEAAaIwu.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I like the white one above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQN2tisc_AHE6EY_w2Y2P7FnrJXaydw8LlPr8hSppY4RN1iQ4iP6unjDzui

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

This is a fan made HSV 125th anniversary jersey. Would have loved to seen it used but when he sent it into the club they replied saying the jersey design has already been chosen :(
    attachment.php?attachmentid=31218&d=1333469997
    Looks class btw!

Santos are wearing their centenary kit against The Strongest atm. It's sex. Me want.

produtos_08_123-5208-108_123-5208-108_detalhe3.jpg

Im sure they could squeeze a few more sponsors on that thing if they tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Oh that is one of the nicest I've seen in a long time. Anywhere I could get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

Raekwon wrote: »

l_Training_Jersey.jpg

Picked one up on way home after coming across this thread today, a pretty timeless top I reckon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

flugel wrote: »
    Picked one up on way home after coming across this thread today, a pretty timeless top I reckon!

I really want it but cant afford the 42euro for it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

12-13_20120310_2048910439.jpg
    This is a "leaked" jersey from under armour or possibly a training top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Got one of those training tops for 40 euro in Champion. Lifestyle are selling them for 45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Really like the new Milan home kit:

ac-milan-12-13-adidas-home-football-shirt-b.jpg

ac-milan-12-13-adidas-home-football-shirt-a.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement