Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2012/13 Kits Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

Ajax away

6978686946_d851d1f20a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

Palace
    6975715052_1b48bb0b07.jpg

6975715296_96b4e0a545.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The Palace one looks like a Photoshop to me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Gac is about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

So weird seeing McCarthy model a kit. He used to live around the corner from me.

Middlesborough kits. Away is nice

middlesbrough-12-13-adidas-home-away-football-shirts-a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

New Celtic away kit confirmed

Black-Celtic-Away-Kit-2012-13.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

kfallon wrote: »

That photo, whenever it was taken, doesnt have the tricolour trim on the sleeves that they promoted today.

121761-celtic-away-kit-2012-13.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Nice shirt, one of their best for a looooong time (no shit fluro) but they can't be serious with that tricolour on the sleeve?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Nice shirt, one of their best for a looooong time (no shit fluro) but they can't be serious with that tricolour on the sleeve?!

why not?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

why not?:confused:

Because they are Scottish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Oatesy23 wrote: »

Inter Milan had a GIANT England flag on one of their shirts. Can you really not see why they did it? It's going to fly off shelves in Lifestyle Sports. ;)

And they are celebrating their Irish Heritage on their 125th anniversary. I suppose they should just ignore the reasons why Celtic FC were founded?

Dempsey wrote: »
    And they are celebrating their Irish Heritage on their 125th anniversary. I suppose they should just ignore the reasons why Celtic FC were founded?

125th anniversary too? Tell the club to come over to Hamburg and we'll all have a party :)

I assumed the Celtic 125th anniversary was this season since it says 1888. HSV were founded in 1887 and they are celebrating it next season.

Really?? Wow, just wow, thanks for that.

125th anniversary too? Tell the club to come over to Hamburg and we'll all have a party :)

I assumed the Celtic 125th anniversary was this season since it says 1888. HSV were founded in 1887 and they are celebrating it next season.

No, its been done next season hence why the emblem is on next seasons jersey :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Inter Milan had a GIANT England flag on one of their shirts. Can you really not see why they did it? It's going to fly off shelves in Lifestyle Sports. ;)
    That wasn't an England flag, it was the flag of the city Milan. They are the same thing, red cross on a white background, but that jersey had nothing to do with England.

Really?? Wow, just wow, thanks for that.

You're welcome! Glad I could help :)
    Dempsey wrote: »
    No, its been done next season hence why the emblem is on next seasons jersey :rolleyes:

I wasn't really looking at the emblem.. I was looking at the date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

It wasn't an england flag they had, it was a st.ambrose flag, he's the patron saint of milan and this flag features on the cities coat of arms & is the flag of the city. It's also why it features on the badges of AC & alfo romeo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The reasons for the tricolour being on the jersey are ridiculously obvious.

Anyone arguing as to why it's there is just being a gimp IMO! You know why it's there just as well as everybody else does!

After 2 replies and a PM :confused: I am now an expert on the flag of Milan.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    The reasons for the tricolour being on the jersey are ridiculously obvious.

Anyone arguing as to why it's there is just being a gimp IMO! You know why it's there just as well as everybody else does!

Exactly. People mightn't like the reason for it which is fair enough but asking why is just trying to stir ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Xavi6 wrote: »
    New United away leaked -

328d7698.jpg

Looks fake TBH.

Can't see it happening tbh

_46684397_hamburg_banner_poster.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Is this a kits thread or a pro/anti Celtic bitchfest thread?

• Advertisement

After 2 replies and a PM :confused: I am now an expert on the flag of Milan.

the red cross on the white background that's on sampdoria jersys is a st.george's cross. st.george is the patron saint of genoa & his flag is on the citys coat of arms & flag of the city, it also appears on genoa cricket and football club's badge. This flag used in geona existed before england started using a st.george's flag as their flag

he's also the patron saint of barcelona & that's why it's on barca's badge too

you can never have enough useless information on flags & football :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I always thought the flags on Barca and Milan's crests were because they had English founders. This thread has gone very off topic

EDIT: After some googling, it seems the Barca one is indeed St.George's cross. The Milan one is the flag of the city of Milan

I always thought the flags on Barca and Milan's crests were because they had English founders. This thread has gone very off topic

EDIT: After some googling, it seems the Barca one is indeed St.George's cross. The Milan one is the flag of the city of Milan

indeed :D

although the reason their called milan & not milano is because of the english founders

kfallon wrote: »
    Can't see it happening tbh

_46684397_hamburg_banner_poster.jpg

:rolleyes:

thats-the-joke.jpg

Anyway, back on topic.

Wolfsburg 2012/13 Home
    New-Wolfsburg-Trikot-2013.jpg

batistuta9 wrote: »
    the red cross on the white background that's on sampdoria jersys is a st.george's cross. st.george is the patron saint of genoa & his flag is on the citys coat of arms & flag of the city, it also appears on genoa cricket and football club's badge. This flag used in geona existed before england started using a st.george's flag as their flag

he's also the patron saint of barcelona & that's why it's on barca's badge too

you can never have enough useless information on flags & football :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Wolfsburg 2012/13 Home

Wolfsburg Away 2013

wolfsburg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

Wolfsburg Away 2013

wolfsburg.jpg

Yeah I've heard good things about Wolfsburg's away shirt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Wolfsburg 2012/13 Home

Wow that is a lovely kit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Good Lord. That is utterly hideous IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Eathrin wrote: »
    Wow that is a lovely kit

I get the Wolf part but why is it standing on a shoe?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I get the Wolf part but why is it standing on a shoe?

Its an Addidas boot..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Absolutely detest Crystal Palace but must admit to liking their new shirt....

6975715052_1b48bb0b07.jpg

Peterborough Away is nice too....

0,,10427~10541508,00.jpg

and it might have already been posted, but the French shirt is just magnifique

France_5F00_shirt_5F00_art_5F00_12.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Wolfsburg 2012/13 Home

Thats a chubby looking wolf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

batistuta9 wrote: »
    although the reason their called milan & not milano is because of the english founders

What? just what?

Milans official name (pre plc) was Milano Associazone Calcio. In English and on Ch4 this becomes AC Milan. During the 90's for the sake of trading purposes on international markets they switched to AC Milan. As trading rules state a company cannot be a club or association the company name then changed to ACM which is why it is ACM on the crest now as opposed to Milan. Similar to how it is no longer Manchester United Football Club. In recent years however due to the re-privatisation (in correct term but couldn't think of the proper one) of the club they have gone back to the full Associazone Calcio Milan Spa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

grenache wrote: »
    and it might have already been posted, but the French shirt is just magnifique

France_5F00_shirt_5F00_art_5F00_12.jpg

Seen that in a shop yesterday, i taught it was horrible. Defo not worth 75 quid either.

• Site Banned Posts: 175 ✭✭jimjimjimmy

iregk wrote: »
    What? just what?

Milans official name (pre plc) was Milano Associazone Calcio. In English and on Ch4 this becomes AC Milan. During the 90's for the sake of trading purposes on international markets they switched to AC Milan. As trading rules state a company cannot be a club or association the company name then changed to ACM which is why it is ACM on the crest now as opposed to Milan. Similar to how it is no longer Manchester United Football Club. In recent years however due to the re-privatisation (in correct term but couldn't think of the proper one) of the club they have gone back to the full Associazone Calcio Milan Spa.

They were founded as Milan Cricket and Football Club. Their name was changed to Milano Associazone Calcio by the fascists. They have always been known in Italy as Milan(pronounced Mee-lan).

ASOT wrote: »
    Seen that in a shop yesterday, i taught it was horrible. Defo not worth 75 quid either.

You'll get it for €14 online ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

They were founded as Milan Cricket and Football Club. Their name was changed to Milano Associazone Calcio by the fascists. They have always been known in Italy as Milan(pronounced Mee-lan).

Yes they were founded as cricket and football club when once they for lack of a better phrase ditched the cricket they were Milano Associazone Calcio. Not sure if they've always been known in Italy as Milan as in the few times I've been in the San Siro any Italian I spoke to has always referred to them as Milano. On point the girl who sits beside me in work form Bolgnia constantly refers to them as Milano when we are discussing football.

In any case we are splitting hairs here and dragging this way off topic.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Wolfsburg 2012/13 Home

That's fantastic.

What? just what?

Yes they were founded as cricket and football club when once they for lack of a better phrase ditched the cricket they were Milano Associazone Calcio. Not sure if they've always been known in Italy as Milan as in the few times I've been in the San Siro any Italian I spoke to has always referred to them as Milano. On point the girl who sits beside me in work form Bolgnia constantly refers to them as Milano when we are discussing football.

In any case we are splitting hairs here and dragging this way off topic.

what do mean what? just what?

they were founded by english as Milan Cricket and Football Club. changed their name to milan football club, then were made change to an italian name by the fascists as jimjimjimmy says to Associazione Calcio Milano. after the war they changed it back to milan so their name was Associazione Calcio Milan.
    i don't know where you get it the other way round like this: Milano Associazone Calcio
    their called milan because of their english heritage

it's not because of the english language or channel 4 - napoli never became naples, torino never became turin etc. on football shows or when their being mentioned in media.
    inter are called inter milan over here but this can be viewed as wrong. as with bayern munich - may as well call them bavaria munchen - or AZ Alkmaar - AZ means Alkmaar Zaanstreek & their name is just AZ, not alkmaar zaanstreek alkmaar

as for the mee-lan pronunciation i think this is a local thing so maybe that's why the girl from bologna calls them milano, you'll here gabe marcotti called them mee-lan i think it was him saying it's a local naming as well

Mother of god will people stop discussing the history of AC Milan, or AC Meelano or whatever and discuss/post more jerseys? This is a kits thread.

swansea-city-12-13-adidas-away-football-shirt-a.jpg

Swansea away next season, really shoving their Welsh-ness in your face. NOTE: Please do not discuss the history of the City of Swansea and how they came about playing in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Mother of god will people stop discussing the history of AC Milan, or AC Meelano or whatever and discuss/post more jerseys? This is a kits thread.

swansea-city-12-13-adidas-away-football-shirt-a.jpg

Swansea away next season, really shoving their Welsh-ness in your face. NOTE: Please do not discuss the history of the City of Swansea and how they came about playing in England.

Did Swansea change their crest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

That Swansea shirt is beautiful IMO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Nice shirt, horrible new crest.

Advertisement