Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2012/13 Kits Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Could be navy, if you look at the thing behind Ox, Van Persie and Wilshere, it kind of looks like a big The Who logo.

Paying homage to Arsene Wenger's favourite band? I always had him pegged as a Plastic Bertrand kind of guy.

It kind is ha, look at the image above. They've changed it slightly to avoid being sued :D

Roger Daltrey is a big Gooner so perhaps it is a 'Who' or a mod theme though my first reaction to it was a reference to the undergound (the colours are in reverse though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Possible Liverpool

potential-2012-2013-lfc-kits1.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

^^ They look like they'll be fairly nice jerseys if they are the real templates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I dunno about the rest of you but I love those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

They have been doing the rounds for months. Doubt they are the actual ones.

deccurley wrote: »
    Possible Liverpool

all 3 of them look nice enough, especially the home & away ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

While they are lovely, they are 100% not the actual Kits.

Unfortunatly they are closer to this according to a number of Eyewitness Reports on RAWK.

Untitled-2-2.png?t=1334934548

And yes, that is a horrible looking 3rd Jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

They are shocking.

Home one looks like a polo shirt. The less said about the third one the better.

• Advertisement

There was talk of the away/3rd being slightly 'out there' a few months back so it will probably be along the lines of DDC 1990's post.

Someone who supposedly seen the home one said it had a collar so something along the lines of..

2012shirt-480x480.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

DDC1990 wrote: »
    While they are lovely, they are 100% not the actual Kits.

Unfortunatly they are closer to this according to a number of Eyewitness Reports on RAWK.

Untitled-2-2.png?t=1334934548

And yes, that is a horrible looking 3rd Jersey
    First ones grand,second one is very nice.
    That 3rd one........wtf.........Gok Wan???
    You've got to be kidding :D

is it just me or do the kits made by smaller companies - like warrior, canterbury etc. look shít the majority of the time

the warrior l'pool one that are supposed to be fakes looked good though :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

What's the story with the change of Adidas to Warrior?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

What's the story with the change of Adidas to Warrior?
    £€$£€$£€$£€$£€$£€$£€$£€$£€$

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

batistuta9 wrote: »
    is it just me or do the kits made by smaller companies - like warrior, canterbury etc. look shít the majority of the time

To be honest i've started to hate Nike/Adidas since they started with all this Dry fit crap. It feels like i'm being choked by my own shirt.
    Thats why i'm starting to like when the smaller companies make the kits.

Or Maybe i should just lose weight :D

• Advertisement

Jerseys have been getting worse and worse since the mid to late 90's, seems like Adidas and Nike only use 3-4 templates since then. Prior to that jerseys seemed a lot more diverse and for the most part nicer.

mexicogoaliejorgecampos2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

blobby360 wrote: »
    To be honest i've started to hate Nike/Adidas since they started with all this Dry fit crap. It feels like i'm being choked by my own shirt.
    Thats why i'm starting to like when the smaller companies make the kits.

Or Maybe i should just lose weight :D

And lose that username in the process? :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I personally like the idea of having a weird jersey, don't really see the problem with it especially as the 3rd jersey will be worn infrequently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

mayordenis wrote: »
    I personally like the idea of having a weird jersey, don't really see the problem with it especially as the 3rd jersey will be worn infrequently.

Liverpool's new third kit:

Wigan-Liverpool-Luis-Suarez-warm-up-Premier-League+cropped

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Liverpool's new third kit:

Wigan-Liverpool-Luis-Suarez-warm-up-Premier-League+cropped

Really?

• Advertisement

I dunno now i thought birmingham's xtep kit for this season was class. Burrda made a nice Leicester kit too. Macron im not keen on though but the thing about Nike and adidas is they supply a sh*tty generic teamwear model to clubs when the very least they deserve a more generic outfit. That said Puma's teamwear model for this season was class.

Ironically Canterbury are a big player in rugby but not so much in soccer.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    They are shocking.

Home one looks like a polo shirt. The less said about the third one the better.

Like a red version of this seasons Everton kit for all the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

Where is the bloody crest. I had a red jersey and a yellow one back in the early very early 80's with that emblem only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Walcott wearing the new Arsenal jersey. Not really a fan of the blue.

Looks like Wenger had a big part to play in it with the blue, white and red combination. Or it could be part of their efforts to hold onto Van Persie. Hmmm.

Theo+Walcott+wearing+the+new+Arsenal+Football+kit+2012

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mayordenis wrote: »

Me too. I've a fair few odd rugby jerseys I use for training (stade etc) . I like jerseys that are different. If they turn out to be real I'll buy the home and 3rd ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

So it's official then!

screenshot01zh.jpg

screenshot03fo.jpgscreenshot05q.jpg

screenshot06r.jpgscreenshot07m.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

cson wrote: »

Which is a pity because its a terrible home kit to have for the next 2 years.

The new Arsenal shirt is advertised as being 2012/13 so it's for just one season which is the norm these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Something tells me Szczesny will want the short sleeve version :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Mildly coincidental given Liverpool's owner - I used to live in Boston, and if anything, the combination of those particular shades of red and navy on the Arsenal shirt reminds me of the Red Sex colours.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Jerseys have been getting worse and worse since the mid to late 90's, seems like Adidas and Nike only use 3-4 templates since then. Prior to that jerseys seemed a lot more diverse and for the most part nicer.

mexicogoaliejorgecampos2.jpg

I'll give you the diverse on that image not the nicer.

Anyway campos designed his own afaik, that was the story going around anyway, so as to distract or camouflage himself (sorta) from the opposition.

• Advertisement

I'll give you the diverse on that image not the nicer.

Anyway campos designed his own afaik, that was the story going around anyway, so as to distract or camouflage himself (sorta) from the opposition.

There's some keeper playing in South America that designs his own shirts. Models them on superheros :D

Walcott wearing the new Arsenal jersey. Not really a fan of the blue.

Looks like Wenger had a big part to play in it with the blue, white and red combination. Or it could be part of their efforts to hold onto Van Persie. Hmmm.

at least with that image you posted I now see where the blue(or whatever's) coming from - the bit in the badge.

probably why there's a massive badge behind walcott so people kop that on :D

There's some keeper playing in South America that designs his own shirts. Models them on superheros :D

is it the guy used to play for paraguay that took the free's & pens?

don't why i though of him, seemed a bit mad though

edit: chilvert's him name i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Pablo Aurrecochea

aurrecocheacomicshirts.jpg

they long sleeve version of the arsenal jersey looks far better the the short sleeved one

it's actually not that bad but i don't like the blue around the neck. need to see it in real life before i think about getting it

blue(obsidian) is what's it called on the official website

someone was saying the black - now blue(obsidian) could be for historical reasons. well it is, there was a blue(obsidian) worn on the socks the year they started with the white sleeve's. all Herbert Chapman's ideas so players could see each other easier. He came up with numbered jerseys & white footballs also

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Pablo Aurrecochea

aurrecocheacomicshirts.jpg

Yeah that's the one

There's this guy as well, Jérémie Janot I think his name is

spiderman12bc_goalkeeper.jpg

Had to laugh at 11 seconds in, the face on your man :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

I actually like that Arsenal kit, especially long sleeve. Can understand why Gooners don't like though. Come to think of it, I've liked a lot of Arsenal kits over the years... I'm a Liverpool fan!!??!! Dreading to see what Warrior will come up with. Like an earlier poster said all these other companies like macron etc have shyte kits although I have a Deportivo kit from Canterbury and its class, they did a nice kit for Pompey a few years back too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Wasent there a bit of a hoo-ha about the canterbury kits when they first came about? Something to do with the grip on the jersey? They make lovely stuff, kappa would be my favourite! Although ya wouldn't want a boiler on ya wearing their stuff.
    It'll be interesting to see what way liverpools kit looks like, never even heard of warrior till then, hopefully twill be nice :D

Alass I've no images to post..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Are Arsenal that desperate that they have to have the Dutch Colours and Flag on their sleeve to hope RVP stays?:pac:

• Advertisement

Are Arsenal that desperate that they have to have the Dutch Colours and Flag on their sleeve to hope RVP stays?:pac:

Every little bit helps as Tesco says :pac:

Apparently the blue hoop a reference to the hoopy socks Herbert Chapman introduced in 1933 :confused: Why didnt we just change the socks then?

PRESTONjamesA1.jpg

Chesney at the end of the video :D
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-reveal-home-kit-for-2012/13-season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Damien360 wrote: »
    Where is the bloody crest. I had a red jersey and a yellow one back in the early very early 80's with that emblem only.

If you are talking about Liverpool, they apparently went back to the old crest of just the liverbird the LFC under it like early 80's and then on the back of the neck is 96 with the two flames either side of it.

Anyway we will find out midnight on Thursday/Friday what the new liverpool crest and home shirt will be.

Oh and the change from Adidas to Warrior is all about the money and also means Liverpool can open there own stores around the world were as with Adidas they could not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Marseille Home 2012/13

Not a great effort. The embossed pattern looks nice but the red color & trim looks really out of place and actually makes it look like their sponsor had some sort of input into the design.

7150989909_ba9b6380a7_b.jpg
    7150989921_92b1c359dd_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

The French jerseys are always class. Adidas do a really good job with em.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Logo takes away from it somewhat but it's another really good from Marseille.

-Ade- wrote: »
    Logo takes away from it somewhat but it's another really good from Marseille.

i think that's quite poor for marseille given their recent jerseys, expecting the away to make up for it

• Advertisement

Oh and the change from Adidas to Warrior is all about the money and also means Liverpool can open there own stores around the world were as with Adidas they could not.

why could they not open their own stores with adidas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

cambo2008 wrote: »
    First ones grand,second one is very nice.
    That 3rd one........wtf.........Gok Wan???
    You've got to be kidding :D

I don't mind jerseys being "out there". However no eternal flame on the kit is a big no no from me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Apparently the eternal flames are on the back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

That logo on the Marseille jersey is disgusting. Still a nice jersey but one of their worst in recent years. This season's one's were just lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

why could they not open their own stores with adidas?

Adidas held the rights to sell offical Liverpool merchandise outside of the club store at Anfield and in Liverpool city centre

• Advertisement
Advertisement