Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two Scenarios ...

• 19-02-2012 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

So I have two scenarios to try and unlock my iPhone 4 stuck on baseband 04.11.08. Cant get the operator in Canada, where I bought it,to unlock it as they don't do unlocks for iPhones :( I also have an iPhone 3gs with o2.

1st scenario:

Ring up o2 and tell them I got my phone replaced with an iPhone 4, and get them to register my handset under the iPhone 4 imei and then when my contract for o2 is up ask them for the unlock code as my phone would now be registered under the iPhone 4.

2nd scenario:

Get a prepaid sim from o2, register it with the iPhone 4 imei and spend the 150euro required top up and then ask them to unlock the phone.

Would any of these two scenarios work? Or am I totally reaching ha ha?

Thanks lads :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I doubt either of those would work tbh but Its worth a try

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mitch31 wrote: »
    So I have two scenarios to try and unlock my iPhone 4 stuck on baseband 04.11.08. Cant get the operator in Canada, where I bought it,to unlock it as they don't do unlocks for iPhones :( I also have an iPhone 3gs with o2.

1st scenario:

Ring up o2 and tell them I got my phone replaced with an iPhone 4, and get them to register my handset under the iPhone 4 imei and then when my contract for o2 is up ask them for the unlock code as my phone would now be registered under the iPhone 4.

2nd scenario:

Get a prepaid sim from o2, register it with the iPhone 4 imei and spend the 150euro required top up and then ask them to unlock the phone.

Would any of these two scenarios work? Or am I totally reaching ha ha?

Thanks lads :)

First one won't work anyway., and I doubt the second would. Apple wouldn't have that IMEI Code against O2, it would be with the Canadian carrier, so they couldn't provide the unlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

But isn't the IEMI Number unique to that phone and shouldn't apple be able to unlock it properly through itunes. surely where the phone comes from or which carrier its locked to shouldn't matter to apple. they should be able to unlock it as its one of their products.

of course apple can unlock it but they will only do so if the request comes from a carrier
    apple would know what network each iphone was sold to so will only unlock the phone from that network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

I believe I already answered this issue in another thread

the new version of grevey will support 04.11.08

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

kjl wrote: »
    I believe I already answered this issue in another thread

the new version of grevey will support 04.11.08

You're not actually answering the guys question, you're just giving an alternative solution. Not everybody wants a dodgy little bit of plastic in their phones and also it's not "future-proof" as one update from Apple could make the Gevey SIM un-useable.

LukeS_ wrote: »
    You're not actually answering the guys question, you're just giving an alternative solution. Not everybody wants a dodgy little bit of plastic in their phones and also it's not "future-proof" as one update from Apple could make the Gevey SIM un-useable.
    its the one and only solution available to the op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Neither of those 2 plans will work. If you top up with the canidian network will they give you the unlock code then.
    If not try and sell it on ebay canada or sell it for parts.

Advertisement