Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLT,OT and psychology assessment prices

Options
  • 19-02-2012 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

I have a child with autism and I am just wondering if anyone has experience of what private psychology, speech and occupational therapy assessments cost.

Also if you have a price per hour session of intervention/therapy post assessment that would be great.

I'm trying to work out what the average is so I can seek a fair price with assessment and therapy costs as the last one we got seemed over the top. I'm based in the Dublin/Kildare area but will travel 1-2 hours if needed.

Would really appreciate if we could compare notes and I could get an idea if it was average price before I committ to any particular therapist.
    Thanks M x

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

If a child is under 5 they can be assessed through the AON (assessment of needs service ) by the HSE. sensationalkids.ie are in Kildare and would be worth considering for therapies and/or assessments.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

Private assessment cost us about 250 Euro

SLT session cost us 60 per hour
    OT session cost us 75 per hour

Advertisement