Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is Meteor internet-wise?

Options
  • 19-02-2012 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Currently, I have a Samsung Galaxy Mini on pre-paid, the internet on that is terrible without wi-fi, Facebook won't even load half the time, but would that be because of how cheap it was?
    I'm thinking of getting a bill and getting an iPhone for a few reasons, one, it's probably the smart phone I feel most comfortable using, two, most of my music is from iTunes and impossible to put on most phones, 3, my iPod Touch will probably need to be replaced soon, plus a bill would only work out a little bit more than what I'd usually spend on credit anyway.
    Anyway, I'll be getting the cheapest bill, which is 5gb of internet, 200 minutes and I think 200 texts, which, for me, I doubt I'll even use 50 minutes and 50 texts in a month, it doesn't have free calls to meteor, so, it doesn't really matter what network I get it on, though, most people I know use meteor and for them, it would be better for me to use meteor.

TL;DR
    Is the internet on Meteor as good as o2 and Vodafone on the iPhone?(probably 4S, if it matters.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

If you have an unlocked phone, get a prepay sim from Meteor and check it out for coverage and what not yourself. Coverage will vary from area to area and noone can tell you for sure, it if work okay for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Why not get a Windows Phone or an Android phone?

If you buy music from iTunes or not you can still transfer it to them.

Only reason im saying this that Meteor iPhone plans are rubbish compared to normal priceplans.

Likes of Lumia 800 (gonna be launching next month) or Omnia W and the Galaxy S2 wouldnt leave any features behind anyway and you still get your apps and great music players.

Phone might be a bit more expensive but you would have a shorter contract and a lower price plan cost :)

Advertisement