Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferrets

• 19-02-2012 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

Im looking to buy a ferret as a pet. I dont care if its albino, polecat etc, I dont care about the age (although obviously younger is better), the only requirement is that hes trained to use a litter tray.

Any ideas lads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭dicky82

you're a bit early looking for young ferrets, april/may donedeal will be full of them and i'm sure lads on here, including myself should have kits by then too. lads getting rid of ferrets this time year would tend to be getting rid of older ferrets or maybe problem ferrets.

i would advise getting two ferrets of the same sex, as ferrets are very very social animals and will thrive in pairs or trios. as regards litter training, ferrets tend to use one corner of a hutch or court and if you put your litter tray here they'll do the rest.

if you are after a ferret right away you could try gumtree or even your local animal shelter. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Gonzor

I had few ferrets over the years for other purposes. But this fella is gonna be a pet with free run of the house.

So its kinda important he uses the litter tray. And yeh, ideally we want two, but I was thinking it might be hard enough getting one thats house trained, nevermind two, so just going to settle for whatever we can get really.

Like I said age isnt an issue really. If its last years stock (so long as hes house trained) then thats 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

they do normally decide on a corner and you will know from then on where to put the tray. you can get ferret specific ones that have a lower edge on one end so they can back into it. beware though. they can love a good dig in it so you should throw the throw poop in it from his house to discourage them. maybe get two though. they are gas to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 21 moses13

Have you tried here as there are always ferrets needing a home?
    http://www.irishferretforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=rehoming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

• Advertisement
Advertisement