Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Haye v Chisora Poll

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭sxt

walshb wrote: »
    Both men were exhausted. Lewis was running on empty even though he looked to be coming on strong.

My view is that I don't see how any side can be certain of a win for either man had there been NO cuts.

Vit was only two points ahead. Now, the cuts had a big effect on Vit's performace I would think, but barring cuts, nobody can know how the fight pans out

Bruno was ahead, but Lewis was in a lot better shape back then. Also, Vitali is not Bruno. Vitali takes a much better shot.

Record book says Vitali lost via TKO vs. the best opponent by a stretch on his resume. No Vitali opponent comes close to Lewis, and that was a 38 year old Lewis too.

I see it as Vitali was dominating the first two rounds and was first to all the punches, and that, that would have continued but for the freak cut in round 3

Like you said, that cut had a dramatic affect on Vits performance. No cut and he can see where he is punching , and he can see where the punches are coming from, no cut and he doesn't loose his complete sense of co-ordination .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Chisora
    Well when Lewis lost the first 2 rounds, Emmanuel Stewart told him he needs to go at Vitali and throw punches.

This is what Lewis then did in the 3rd round, including causing the cut with a right hand.

Let's face it, Vitali wouldn't have went another 6 rounds with the cut. Vitali could be blind today in that eye if he went on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭sxt

Well when Lewis lost the first 2 rounds, Emmanuel Stewart told him he needs to go at Vitali and throw punches.

This is what Lewis then did in the 3rd round, including causing the cut with a right hand.

Let's face it, Vitali wouldn't have went another 6 rounds with the cut. Vitali could be blind today in that eye if he went on.

I agree, the doctor had to stop that fight. I believe that was a freak cut. Vitali would have potentially lost sight in that eye had it continued

All the more reason for a rematch. I think lennox knew Vitali had his number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Chisora
    But if the rematch were to happen Lewis would have been even older.

No offence, but I reckon the Vitali Klitschko today would lose to him from 2003 or Lennox Lewis when he was 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Lewis was 38, at the end of a long and distinguished and tough career, who had just beaten a monster of a man in a hell of a tough fight, seriously, can anyone blame him for not "psyching" up to get in shape to go through it all again, against a man in his prime? Where do you draw the line? Lewis won the fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

To say Klitschko would have won except for the cuts does not make any sense, the fact is he was badly busted up plain and simple. We are not talking about a nasty cut that requires 5 to 8 stitches (and many fights have been stopped for less). The fact is Klitchko needed 60 stitches after this fight and about 20 of these were to a bad cut on the inside of his mouth so the man was swallowing mouthfuls of blood while trying to breath.
    This shows Vitali has the heart of a lion but sometimes boxers are in no fit state to continue and they are always the last to admit this.

Advertisement