Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost a camera yesterday on Lugnaquilla -- Help!!

Options
  • 19-02-2012 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All, Would be greatly obliged if anyone could help with retrieval of a compact Canon (G12) camera somewhere, probably near the summit of Lug. Reward offered for retrieval of same or CF card inside. Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dadthedad

:):):):):):):):):) its your lucky day buddy, was on lugnaquilla today and think i have found your camera. my 13 yr old daughter has been doing great detective work in order to try and track down the owner. only problem now is how to contact each other. i am unable to send you a private message as you dont have enough posts. i left my number with the local hotel/pub near to where you lost it.
    Hi All, Would be greatly obliged if anyone could help with retrieval of a compact Canon (G12) camera somewhere, probably near the summit of Lug. Reward offered for retrieval of same or CF card inside. Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Loose Canon

Words fail me!!! My name is ********; thank you, thank you thank you. Jeeeze......

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭rpmcs

That is so brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Awesome stuff folks... Mankind has a chance.

On a more serious note I lost a Bugatti Veyron with a blonde Swedish model in the passenger seat on Lugnaquilla today....offering a small reward for their return :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Awesome stuff folks... Mankind has a chance.

On a more serious note I lost a Bugatti Veyron with a blonde Swedish model in the passenger seat on Lugnaquilla today....offering a small reward for their return :D

I'd say the windows will be smashed when you get it back :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dadthedad

camera and owner happily reunited! fantastic result. all thanks to boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Would suggest now you have the camera back to edit your number and email address from the post.
    Great result and fair play dadthedad, that's your good deed done for the day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Loose Canon

Just to close the loop on this: I'm delighted to confirm that the camera has been retrieved and is in perfect working order. The experience, apart from being luckier than I had any right to expect, was all the sweeter by virtue of the goodwill and soundness of the finders who had zero interest in a reward or anything other than the return of the camera to me. Thanks all for kind sentiments above, this little episode restores my faith in human nature. Slán!

Oh, and yes; WELL DONE BOARDS!!

Advertisement