Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I contact real owner/landlord of a Dublin address?

Options
  • 19-02-2012 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

How can I contact the real owner or landlord of a Dublin address? I could send a mail to the mailing address, but I think the mailbox isn't being checked at the moment (I don't think there's anyone living there at the moment). Is there some property registry or something where I could find out the contact information of this person?

The reason is that I used to live in a flat in Dublin (have since moved to a different country), and left a suitcase filled with my things for storage with my flatmates at the time. Those flatmates have since moved out without telling me (so that I could ask a friend to pick up the suitcase) and I only found this out now. I can't get in touch with my old flatmates, so I need to get in touch with the landlord so that I can contact him directly and ask him if he still has that suitcase so I can get a friend to come pick it up.

EDIT: I should clarify that it's an flat in a large apartment building. I think the flat I was staying in is owned by some individual (i.e. it's not like the apartment company owns the whole thing). I'm not sure if it helps but the apartment is King's Court on Parnell Street in Dublin 1, not sure if I could contact someone there somehow.

EDIT: Also I looked at http://www.landdirect.ie/eng/ but when I click on Search nothing seems to happen...but would this be the kind of thing I should be looking for?

Hopefully there's some way to track down this owner/landlord, otherwise I don't know what I can do... Any ideas you have for me? I'm a little worried about my stuff.

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement