Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ingle has produced another one!

• 19-02-2012 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

Delighted to say I chose to watch the proper boxing last night. Brendan Ingle's latest prodigy Kid Galahad 21 years old and a real talent v Jason Booth. Serious story behind both lads worth a google if you don't know them.

Classic old cunning pro v young talent match-up. Toe to toe for 12 rounds. Both boxers very sporting afterwards. Kid G may yet be the new Hamed without the arrogance or greed.

Pity boxing headlines today dominated by less talented "fighters".

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I will check that out. Never a fan of Ingle and the style he encouraged. Graham, Nelson, Hamed etc. All posers. Not into that style. Will check it out though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

walshb wrote: »
    I will check that out. Never a fan of Ingle and the style he encouraged. Graham, Nelson, Hamed etc. All posers. Not into that style. Will check it out though.
    they were classy boxers though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

barney4001 wrote: »

Not all of them.
    Hamed was a bit overrated. He was badly exposed by Barrera.

barney4001 wrote: »

No way. Hamed was not, nor was Graham. Awful to watch. Nelos was the best of them, and he bored me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

walshb wrote: »
    No way. Hamed was not, nor was Graham. Awful to watch. Nelos was the best of them, and he bored me too.

Out of 11,489 posts, that was your worst.

I've seen most is Barry's (Kid Galahad's) fights and even reported on one for the Sheffield Star.

Personally I dont think he has the pop to make it to the top for he has impressive skills.

Some of his team tell me he has displayed this power in the gym sparring but I aint seen it yet.

Galahad v Casey on the Fury-Rogan undercard in April would be good and could be easily made.

• Advertisement

Out of 11,489 posts, that was your worst.

Well, I'm not doing too bad then

Anyway, I have yet to see this kid, so I will make a call when I do.

I never warmed to Graham or Hamed or Nelson. Not a fan of Ingle's style of boxing.

Kell Brook does impress me to a degree. I will say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Bomber Graham was a cracking boxer and very under-rated. I honestly believe he would've beaten Benn, Watson and Eubanks had he been given a shot. He definitely had the talent to do so.
    Mike McCallum was undoubtably the best middleweight around at that time, (remember what he did to Watson), but Herol would have beaten him for the World title (a proper one) but for points deducted.
    I was lucky enough to attend a few of Herol's fights. On one occasion I persuaded a couple of friends who having watched him on tv were highly critical of his style to come along and witness his ring craft. They were absolutely bowled over by his ability. His opponent who had just fought for a European title was made to repeatedly miss and miss again whilst Bomber clinically diismantled him. What might have looked messy on 2 dimensional television was breathtaking live when you could watch how he used the ring space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

I always thought Graham was a very classy box fighter a treat to watch his ringcraft

Advertisement