Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you still "go out for a smoke"

Options
  • 19-02-2012 4:39pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering here, i'm not really a pub goer, i only go to clubs when i really want to see an act or i'm playing myself, but i'm just interested to see if people "still go out for a smoke" or would you try to argue the fact that you're not "smoking" inside pubs/clubs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

Probably every second or third step out for a smoke I come along and have a bit of a vape. You do need to top up on your nictone I suppose. I also take a cheeky vape from my sleeve inside the pub from time to time. I've been vaping/off smokes for nearly a year now so I take the odd cigarette from my friends for novelty purposes, probably have done that five times or so. I usually end up throwing it away half smoked so I can have a vape though.

The whole situation is kind of in limbo at the moment I suppose, maybe vaping will become more common in the future and pubs will take an official line on it. To be honest though, I've sat in rooms with other vapers chatting away over a cup of tea or something and the room gets kinda smokey looking so I can imagine the same happening to a pub.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I was in an airport last week that had a smoking room(it stank, really really bad) and the looks i was getting using my eGo was crazy.

But at the same time i didn't want to be sitting in the terminal and using it, as i didn't want to have to deal with security guards asking me to leave and missing my flight home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

Yeah I always go out of the pub or to the smoking sections to vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Depends on my mood and the pub I'm in. I have previously asked the publican if it is OK to vape and explained what it was first. Haven't been refused yet.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Just interesting to know what peoples experience is of it.

I couldn't really see a publican actually refusing someone to use the device, is there any legislation on it yet in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

I wouldn't be in the pub that often but when I am I go outside to vape. It's a chance to get some fresh air, get away from the blaring tv, inane "music", farting, change of scenery, have a chat with new people and maybe introduce them to the joys of vaping if they ask what I'm 'smoking'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

It's a strange situation alright.

I'm new to vaping & going to try it out in work 2morrow. see the reaction.

We're doing nothing illegal, don't harm anybody else & are doing our best to get rid of a bad thing like smoking.

The sooner vaping is known about & accepted the better for everybody, I say!

Go 4 it!

Edit: just saw the ad for the Nicorette Inhaler. They say it's the closest experiance to smoking without smoking.

Untrue IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

eeloe wrote: »
    Just interesting to know what peoples experience is of it.

I couldn't really see a publican actually refusing someone to use the device, is there any legislation on it yet in Ireland?

Yes the smoking ban and how any owner decides to implement it.
    I'v never had anyone question me but then again I'm fairly discrete.
    No I don't go out if I'm not in the company of smokers but if I am then I'll join them outside, sure it's only being friendly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I still go out for a 'smoke'. I like the diea of smoke breaks, and it has always been when I get some of my best work done. But travelling last week I vaped discreetly in airports and on planes and that worked really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Strange habits we have. Although I work from home, when the smoking ban came in, I decided to make my office "no smoking". I still don't vape in my office. A 5 min break for a vape & a coffee every hour or so is great to concentrate the mind.........

• Advertisement
Advertisement