Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBL and Digiweb problem

Options
  • 19-02-2012 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem...

I consistantly get 3.5 down & 0.75 up (the original deal was supposed to be 8up & 1.5 down but thats another story) but I regularly lose connection to whomever is hosting. In some cases, people on my friends list cannot successfully connect to my games or I to theirs but we can meet in other peoples games.
    I've been on to their helpline but they tell me everything is fine.
    Also, I don't know if this is related but my iPhone consistently freezes while browising when connected to my wifi. A quick reset of Airplane Mode always fixes this.

Can anyone help me out here please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Is your Xbox connecting via wireless?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 B1G Al

Meesared wrote: »
    Is your Xbox connecting via wireless?

Yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Was that speed test done wired or wireless? Try wired.

Also if you go in to the config of your router can you try and update the firmware?

http://support.digiweb.ie/categories/Broadband+%26+Phone+Support/Wireless/Digiweb+Router+Setup/

If you run an ipconfig on your machine you just put the default gateway IP in to the address bar of IE,Firefox,Chrome.

Also check the DHCP settings on the router that a number of devices can be assigned IP's accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Do you have sky in your house?

chin_grin wrote: »

Also if you go in to the config of your router can you try and update the firmware?

http://support.digiweb.ie/categories/Broadband+%26+Phone+Support/Wireless/Digiweb+Router+Setup/

If you run an ipconfig on your machine you just put the default gateway IP in to the address bar of IE,Firefox,Chrome.

Also check the DHCP settings on the router that a number of devices can be assigned IP's accordingly.

Dammit! Tryed this and realised a changed the original password when it was forst set up and know can't remember what it was!

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Do you have sky in your house?

Sure do. Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

B1G Al wrote: »
    Dammit! Tryed this and realised a changed the original password when it was forst set up and know can't remember what it was!

;)

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/router_password_recovery.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

B1G Al wrote: »
    Sure do. Why?

If your sky is connecting to the phone line also, make sure that the connection is correct, some sky engineers just wire a phone line straight into the routing box and mess up the BB speeds, I had a similar problem some years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 joey9

hi
    i have digiweb (8Mb down, 1Mb up) and had connection issues with the wireless (slim's are cack) i upgraded to a n300 router and still issues especially with another device hardwired
    its mainly the router, i have belkin. you need to make sure the firewall is open or at least allow access for the xbox ports (i just turned my router firewall off) also do not use protected mode with the wireless signal (unless you are in an apartment complex with lots of wi-fi interference) - it slows connection
    you're best off hardwiring it especially if its a slim, most problems are the local (house) network not the isp. i wired my slim with a 30m ethernet cable - not had a dropped connection yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

joey9 wrote: »
    hi
    i have digiweb (8Mb down, 1Mb up) and had connection issues with the wireless (slim's are cack) i upgraded to a n300 router and still issues especially with another device hardwired
    its mainly the router, i have belkin. you need to make sure the firewall is open or at least allow access for the xbox ports (i just turned my router firewall off) also do not use protected mode with the wireless signal (unless you are in an apartment complex with lots of wi-fi interference) - it slows connection
    you're best off hardwiring it especially if its a slim, most problems are the local (house) network not the isp. i wired my slim with a 30m ethernet cable - not had a dropped connection yet!

Sounds like a router problem mate, nothing to do with the "slims wireless being cack", I connect mine to several networks & ISP's every week and never have ANY issues over Wireless, and ive seen every type you can imagine

Where are you getting do not use protected mode as it slows connection down from? Complete and utter baloney...

As someone who works in this area of things I can tell you Belkin are notoriously **** routers aswell imo, probably one of the only brands I see fail consistently....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 joey9

Fieldog wrote: »

Where are you getting do not use protected mode as it slows connection down from? Complete and utter baloney...
    from belkin themselves on the router setup info page, its something to do with securing the frequency to enliminate interference they say to turn it off for better performance
    and slims are well proven to not have as good a wireless card as the adapters for the original. fact. i'd swap mine back given half the chance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Id like to see this "fact" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

joey9 wrote: »
    from belkin themselves on the router setup info page, its something to do with securing the frequency to enliminate interference they say to turn it off for better performance
    and slims are well proven to not have as good a wireless card as the adapters for the original. fact. i'd swap mine back given half the chance

Maybe it is on their router page, maybe im lucky, but I have never once have I seen interference with a router, even with the microwave, cooker, washing machine etc all working in tandem, have yet to see any microwave "interference" with any router.... not saying it doesn't happen, I just have not seen it....

Tried this. Worked great. Have access to my router again.

Cheers!

Vicxas wrote: »
    If your sky is connecting to the phone line also, make sure that the connection is correct, some sky engineers just wire a phone line straight into the routing box and mess up the BB speeds, I had a similar problem some years ago.

The decoder was never connected to the phone line. :)

The link seems to refer to a slighty different interface but I followed your advice as best as I could. I'll need a much longer network cable to reach from the hall to the living room to try hard wired.

I notice I'm only getting aound 0.3mg up. I wonder if this has anything to do with not being able to host?

Advertisement