Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions on 3 network

Options
  • 19-02-2012 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Looking at 3's website you can get a Galaxy SII for free with a 24 month €40 a month contract. Looks like a good deal to me. Two things I am sure about though -

1. When I click to show details of the plan it gives the following popup -
    flex-max-tariff-table.jpg

In the Freebies section it says 'Text All'. Does that mean I can select this option for free as part of my plan and get free texts to all networks Ireland?

2. What is 3's coverage like for both calls and internet? I remember having a 3 mobile broadband dongle a few years ago and it was a heap of sh*te. So I am wary of what their service is like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

As far as I know, it covers all networks.

The best thing you can do OP is get yourself a free Three PAYG SIM to test out the coverage in your area. That way, you can check the internet and signal for yourself.

I am with 3 and it is perfect for me, signal is really good and internet is very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

It's 150 extra texts and it's not free, read the price plan grid. It's only free on the next tariff and higher. You'll pay €5.07 for it

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭thomas98798

Can I ask you guys on 3, do they charge for roaming in Northern Ireland. I also heard that you can use your 3g broadband with 3 in Northern Ireland and Uk for free, no roaming charges at all. Sounds great if its true, can any of you confirm this??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Yes along as your connected to 3UK

Advertisement