Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics exams' failure rates

Options
  • 19-02-2012 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Do you know which subjects in Economics/Commerce have the highest exam failure rates (just so I know which one to avoid if possible)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Economics and Society, the level one module, used to have a very high rate four or so years ago. Not sure what its like now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Economics and Society, the level one module, used to have a very high rate four or so years ago. Not use what its like now.

I remember at one stage the failure rate for that module was well above 50%.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

intro to microeconomics had a pretty high failure rate last year when i did it from what i heard, everyone thought it would be a doss because the final was MCQ and that took its toll in the end when people turned up hoping to half guess their way through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Dannyg90

intermediate macro is really tough. round 70% failure rate last year, lecturer showed us the list of student numbers of people who failed it and it was literally hundreds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

They pretty much all do.

Intro to Quantitative Economics had a failure rate well above 50% this year, Economics and Society isn't difficult, but if you don't study you'll fail it, so it has a high failure rate, intro to micro and macro can be tricky enough, and have a slightly high failure rate, but it's mostly Economic majors doing that, so it's not too bad, Econ and Society is usually electives for non-economic students, hence the higher failure rate imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement