Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding somebody in Dalian city, China?

Options
  • 19-02-2012 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

I know this forum is for language students but I'm at a loss to find a discussion forum in English where Chinese people might be.

A very good friend of mine has not been heard from by anybody here since last summer. He lived in Ireland for ten years prior to returning home to Dalian in early 2011, and has many Irish friends as a result, all of whom are concerned. The last I heard from him he had been very unwell. I have emailed him numerous times since that but have received no response. I have written to his snailmail address and have also received no response. This has been the same experience of both his Irish and Chinese friends in our circle.

Would anybody have any suggestions for how I can trace him?

PS: Mod, if you can think of a more appropriate forum, by all means move this or suggest it to me and close this. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Dostoevsky wrote: »
    I know this forum is for language students but I'm at a loss to find a discussion forum in English where Chinese people might be.

A very good friend of mine has not been heard from by anybody here since last summer. He lived in Ireland for ten years prior to returning home to Dalian in early 2011, and has many Irish friends as a result, all of whom are concerned. The last I heard from him he had been very unwell. I have emailed him numerous times since that but have received no response. I have written to his snailmail address and have also received no response. This has been the same experience of both his Irish and Chinese friends in our circle.

Would anybody have any suggestions for how I can trace him?

PS: Mod, if you can think of a more appropriate forum, by all means move this or suggest it to me and close this. Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your friend, I have Chinese and non-Chinese friends in Dalian, including many Chinese friends who had previously lived in Ireland. If you PM me his details I can ask around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your friend, I have Chinese and non-Chinese friends in Dalian, including many Chinese friends who had previously lived in Ireland. If you PM me his details I can ask around.

Thank you so much, Funglegunk. I've just sent you a pm.

Anybody else who can help would be greatly appreciated. This guy had the biggest heart I've known, and was loved by the many people who were touched by his kindness and humour. Rarely a day goes by when somebody doesn't ask me how he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Jane.J

Hi, sorry to hear that.
    I am a chinese, if you can PM me your friends details, i will have a try to contact with your friend.
    Hope your friend is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

PM me the details, might be worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 martin09

hi,

sorry to hear about your friend..hopefully he is ok.

there is a chinese social media website called QQ: it is the most popular messenger facility in that country. perhaps you can join it. (available in english also) maybe some of your chinese friends can assist you. perhaps there is a 'dalian room' where you can post a message.

my partner and i have a place in dalian: he is from there originally and lived in dublin also. if we can be of any help, just ask.

it is really difficult to get assistance from the 'chinese public security bureau ' and also the fact that dalian metropolitan area has a population of 6+ million will be a disadvantage.

martin

• Advertisement
Advertisement