Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Space ( late to the party ) !

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Well easy to say, but there are more trouble then just " not using ".

1. How do I know when those weapons will be unlocked in game, so I can pick it up?
    2. It makes me not to spend credits so I will have more credits then needed in game.
    If it's just the DLC weapons and armor that are unlocked then make a note of them and just ignore them completely on your first playthrough. Only purchase the normal items as they unlock naturally as you progress in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gizmo wrote: »
    If it's just the DLC weapons and armor that are unlocked then make a note of them and just ignore them completely on your first playthrough. Only purchase the normal items as they unlock naturally as you progress in the game.
    That's a good idea actually. I might filter them out by prices. All dlc stuff is free in shop. So I just buy the ones who had pricing. Do you still collect sciatica for weapons though? If those are unlocked won't scenarios be removed from game?

That's a good idea actually. I might filter them out by prices. All dlc stuff is free in shop. So I just buy the ones who had pricing. Do you still collect sciatica for weapons though? If those are unlocked won't scenarios be removed from game?
    Not sure unfortunately. When I heard DS2 had veered away from survivial horror to more action it got bumped down my list of stuff to play. :o

Not sure unfortunately. When I heard DS2 had veered away from survivial horror to more action it got bumped down my list of stuff to play. :o

I don't blame ya m8. Unfortunately I am a sucker for dead space universe. I still need to get that Blu ray movie which is set between first and second games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I don't blame ya m8. Unfortunately I am a sucker for dead space universe. I still need to get that Blu ray movie which is set between first and second games.

It's on Netflix, I think - if you have an account there...

• Advertisement

Aye, I'll get to it eventually, just too many big games to get through at the moment. :)

Ah, I've only watched Dead Space: Downfall which I really enjoyed, shall watch Aftermath when I eventually get around to DS2.

Aye, I'll get to it eventually, just too many big games to get through at the moment. :)

Ah, I've only watched Dead Space: Downfall which I really enjoyed, shall watch Aftermath when I eventually get around to DS2.

Yup, aftermath is the o e. need to see. Downfall was good I thought. I picked it up for 2eu I remember too lol.

Will have to check Netflix, but I am prety sure it will. E downfall in there.

It's on Netflix, I think - if you have an account there...

You are a star! Both on Netflix! Watching it now!!!

Well, finished watching aftermath. Downfall was way way better. :(

Now I see where is it all going with dead space 2 :( . It's not more about survival and mystery about market, but more about politics etc. ah well, and it started so good...

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

The limited edition of dead space 2 is only €10 in pc world. The extra content is dead space extraction.

• Advertisement

Dead Space 1 was a pretty excellent game. Sure, it knocked off loads of others, but it worked so well. Dead Space 2, however, was a bit lacking, I felt.

I have a terrible memory with games - I will forget locations and anything associated with them. However, when playing DS2 however long after the first, and enter some of the locations from DS1 not only could I remember the locations, but I also remembered my sense of fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DracusWlf

Hi All,

I loved both games, so much so i am selling my Xbox version of DS1 and getting the ps3 version so i can collect both sets of trophies, how sad it that.

It is weird I'm addicted to ps3 trophies but cant stand the Xbox version of achievements, and i have way more Xbox ones.

But i love those games, even with their faults, and in my opinion there are not many. :)

What would you like to see in DS3? I would love to bring back the style of the first game but keep the second game mechanics, loads more scares etc.
    I know it is said that it will be like RE5 but is that set in stone?

My early afternoon rant. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

DracusWlf wrote: »
    Hi All,

I loved both games, so much so i am selling my Xbox version of DS1 and getting the ps3 version so i can collect both sets of trophies, how sad it that.

It is weird I'm addicted to ps3 trophies but cant stand the Xbox version of achievements, and i have way more Xbox ones.

But i love those games, even with their faults, and in my opinion there are not many. :)

What would you like to see in DS3? I would love to bring back the style of the first game but keep the second game mechanics, loads more scares etc.
    I know it is said that it will be like RE5 but is that set in stone?

My early afternoon rant. :)

a. yes, that is very sad.

b. yes, they are great.

c. better multiplayer, tougher difficulty, new weapons and necros.

I would love to see no multiplayer and just an even better and longer singleplayer.

i started playing DS2 and i was a bit skeptical about it after such great run with DS1.

i love it. not as much as ds1, but its still quite a good game. some set pieces are freaking sweet. some enemies are just damn amazing: those fast movers, who hide behind the walls and then have a look at you. i swear to god, its one of the best and creepiest enemy i have encountered in video games. when i met them for the first time, they cough me with my pants with their cheekiness.

just to anyone who wants to go for ds2 after ds1 - watch that dead space cartoon. it explains what happens between ds1 and ds2. its not the greatest cartoon, but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,128 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Last year I decided to try DS1 that I had on PS3. Great game. The whispering, banging...just so much tension. Afterwards, I read the comics - prequels and sequel - watched Downfall and got and played Extraction on the Wii. I'm now on Chapter 7 of DS2. DS2 Spoiler:
    That bit with the baby crawling to the woman followed by the blood splatter was nice and creepy. And those wee kid sized necromorphs are a pain
    Wasn't sure if I should've watched Aftermath first or not. I was trying to go by releases dates but it seems the game and movie were released the same day, so went with the game first.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Last year I decided to try DS1 that I had on PS3. Great game. The whispering, banging...just so much tension. Afterwards, I read the comics - prequels and sequel - watched Downfall and got and played Extraction on the Wii. I'm now on Chapter 7 of DS2. DS2 Spoiler:
    That bit with the baby crawling to the woman followed by the blood splatter was nice and creepy. And those wee kid sized necromorphs are a pain
    Wasn't sure if I should've watched Aftermath first or not. I was trying to go by releases dates but it seems the game and movie were released the same day, so went with the game first.

well my main problem with DS2 - it does not feel isolated. in DS1 you are there in aftermath when shiet hits the fan. in DS2 you are in the middle of shiet going in to fan, if you know what i mean.
    what i really do love about DS2 as you can get more info about that "church" and the actual life in that space. how people live, where live, kindergardens etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I really liked DS1, though when I read the review of DS2 it seemed to me that they were focusing on the aspect of DS1 that were not the parts that I particularly cared about. I might see if I can pick it up second hand as I have no interested in online MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,128 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I got the PS3 Limited Edition one for £15 from ASDA. So I'd say you could pick up the norml one for cheap enough brand new.

It may be more action based than DS1 with more set pieces, but I still find myself with my weapon raised the whole time, since there are still plenty of vents. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Is there any difference between the Steam and Origin versions of Dead Space 2 ?

Does the Origin version need an always on internet connection ? (Steam has an offline mode)

I bought Dead Space in the Steam Christmas sale , but wasn't sure if I would like it enough to play both games , so I didn't buy both games ( stupid of me ) .

Anyway , I'm nearly finished Dead Space 1 , and can find Dead Space 2 keys for Origin for around 5-6 Euros online , but it's still showing at 29.99 on Steam :mad:

I'd rather have my games available form the one program (Steam) , so does anybody know of any legit resellers selling Steam keys for Dead Space 2 ?

Also , should I have watched Dead Space Downfall before playing the first game ?

Thanks .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ManTheSam

I played and completed Dead Space 1 a few months back, and I have to say it is one of the best game I have ever played. The atmosphere is unparalleled. The constant feelings of vulnerability, tension and sometimes pure fear make this game a thrill to play. The plot, setting and characters combined seamlessly into something I think draws a lot of parallels to the first Alien movie, as well as the sense of isolation, intrigue, and fear of the unknown.

For anyone thinking of picking up this game, don't let the horror aspect put you off. The fear is conveyed in a much more meaningful way than 'jump out' moments (but yes, there are a few of those). I can't guarantee you'll be able to complete it, but I can definitely guarantee you'll be able to appreciate it as a truly brilliant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Both excellent games

Its alien and aliens all over again for me LOL I love both for different reasons but just cant choose

hopefully DS3 does not follow aliens pattern of having a not so good 3rd sequal:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

biggebruv wrote: »
    Both excellent games

Its alien and aliens all over again for me LOL I love both for different reasons but just cant choose

hopefully DS3 does not follow aliens pattern of having a not so good 3rd sequal:D

Yeah, but then wait till number 4 when you are half necromorph. :pac:

Advertisement