Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VRT on classic

• 19-02-2012 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭

This relates to a bike but I asked a similar question on the bike forum last year and got no reply so this might be a better place
    I got an old honda 50 from uk about 2 years ago. There was no paperwork with it but I have since obtained a certificate of permanent export from the dvla in the uk. This is a suitable document for registration here.

Is it correct that revenue (and not nct centre) deal with registrations over 30 years old and going on a zv plate? I heard this but Ive no idea if there is any truth in this.

What documents should I bring when vrting the bike given that the export cert says october 2011 and I will be vrting it in march. Even though the vrt figure is zero or very close to it, will they want to know why the bike was not regd in october after being imported etc.
    Anyone with experience of this have any tips.
    Im an hour from the centre so will have to trailer the bike in to them so I want to have everything right as having to bring the bike twice would be a disaster.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭kyote00

It is still the nct centre but its the revenue desk at the nct centre.

In theory, you need the V5, bill of sale, ferry tickets/shipping ticket, your pps number, two forms of proof of address.

It depends on the nct centre how 'antsy' they get when the vechile has been in the country for a while...usually not a big deal for classics cars as the vrt is just 200 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

it's possible it could be different for bikes, but I doubt it. Why don't you just ask the NCT or the Revenue?

You wont have a problem re-registering, just say you've only just got the paperwork sorted out for it.

(PS not every NCT centre deal with VRT so you need to check that too

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Phone them.

I wouldn't worry much about the receipts and dates, even if the motorcycle was not 30 at the time of the export cert.

The VRT difference is only €9 They've got bigger fish to fry.

>30 years old 49cc motorcycle, €0 VRT
    10-30 years old 49cc motorcycle, €9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

macplaxton wrote: »
    Phone them.

I wouldn't worry much about the receipts and dates, even if the motorcycle was not 30 at the time of the export cert.

The VRT difference is only €9 They've got bigger fish to fry.

>30 years old 49cc motorcycle, €0 VRT
    10-30 years old 49cc motorcycle, €9.

Ya Im obviously not worried about the actual figure. I just want to avoid having to go a second day to them because of some silly problem.

I see the website says that you need to show proof of where the thing ws stored if outside of 30 days since importation. Im just wondering if anyone has a foolproof way of answering this.

I have the export cert, ID, receipt of sale, pps etc.

Maybe just a handwritten receipt for workspace for restoration of bike since import date would be an idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭kyote00

One last thing that will make life easier is to have state code from vrt site with you. If they can't find it, it delays the process for a few days

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

mickdw wrote: »
    Maybe just a handwritten receipt for workspace for restoration of bike since import date would be an idea?

It should suffice. They don't exactly go phoning around checking these things anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

As the sign in NCT/VRT office says,if your don't have a receipt, wright one out.

Advertisement