Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester Stag in March

• 19-02-2012 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi,

Im heading over to manchester in march for a stag. Any suggestions on where to go out would be great!
    Any good bars and clubs????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

The feathers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

the lads love canal street....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Assuming the stag is over the weekend, avoid Printworks next to the Arndale. Full of either rough locals or all the out of towners flock there and it isn't the most pleasant to go out at the weekend!

Manchester's a great place to go out though. There's Factory, "the new Hacienda" so to speak, which is good for clubbing, that's on Princess Street. Northern Quarter has some nice bars as well and is pretty alternative but depends what you're into.

For a stag I'd stick around Deansgate Locks and town if you can which is good for bars and clubs. There's some cracking pubs to go to during the day around the City Centre like The Briton's Protection and at the moment I'm a fan of Sinclair's Oyster Bar opposite the Arndale where you can get a pint for £2 then move on to bar/clubs like Revolution and Sakura on Deansgate Locks in the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Get a taxi to Longsight. Great spot for a few drinks and friendly locals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Go to Liverpool Instead much better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Manchester is a fcukin' sh1thole apart from around Deansgate. Some great pubs around there but they wouldn't really be in to a big gang of lads on the lock. Go somewhere else OP, like Galway maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Here you go OP

http://wikitravel.org/en/Manchester_%28New_Hampshire%29

I'd rather go to Maine myself though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

C81 wrote: »
    Hi,

Im heading over to manchester in march for a stag. Any suggestions on where to go out would be great!
    Any good bars and clubs????

London

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Manchester is a fcukin' sh1thole apart from around Deansgate full stop. Some great pubs around there but they wouldn't really be in to a big gang of lads on the lock. Go somewhere else OP, like Galway maybe.

FYP

• Advertisement

Go to Liverpool Las Vegas Instead much better

Now

• Registered Users Posts: 41 C81

Go to Liverpool Instead much better

not my choice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Alright, this thread is now in the UK forum so if you're going to post, please make your advice relevant to the OP's query, rather than trying to send him off to other parts of the country/planet.

Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Alright, this thread is now in the UK forum so if you're going to post, please make your advice relevant to the OP's query, rather than trying to send him off to other parts of the country/planet.

Thank you.

MANCHESTER IS A FCKIN ****HOLE!!!!

Ban me? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    MANCHESTER IS A FCKIN ****HOLE!!!!

Ban me? :)

Since MCMLXXV asked so nicely, they're taking a month-long break.

Advertisement