Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sightseeing Tour paying for positive reviews

Options
  • 19-02-2012 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

I received this email just after I'd taken some relatives around the city after booking the online City Sightseeing Dublin bus tour online.
    Hi,

I hope you enjoyed your City Sightseeing Tour of Dublin! (Reference number
    )

We’re currently offering City Tour travellers, like you, the opportunity to get a full refund on their City Tour.

In order to get a full refund all you have to do is write a positive review of your City Sightseeing Tour of Dublin on our Tripadvisor Page: http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attraction_Review-g186605-d2038988-Reviews-City_Sightseeing_Dublin-Dublin_County_Dublin.html and don’t forget to put your full name in the review so we know it’s from you.

Once your review is posted contact us to let us know and we’re refund you the price of one tour ticket. It couldn’t be simpler!

Kind Regards

<snip>

I can't help but feel it's pretty sleazy paying people to leave positive reviews on a website that revolves around honest user feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

This is the red bus crowd right? I have a friend that works in hospitality and has some pretty poor things to say about them. He recommends the green one by Dublin Bus over the multi-national red guys.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

This is the red bus crowd right? I have a friend that works in hospitality and has some pretty poor things to say about them. He recommends the green one by Dublin Bus over the multi-national red guys.

That's what I've always heard too - the Dublin Bus one is much better.

I'm sure TripAdvisor would be interested to know how that company gets positive reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

You should post that email on Tripadvisor (leave out the name).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,353 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Very bad form. Are you sure it's genuine?

I remember a taxi driver telling me he used to be a mystery diner and he always gave full marks because he was getting free grub and felt bad giving negative reviews :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

some hotel staff have been known to give themslves positive reviews too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement