Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passenger Plane flying round donegal town area all day

Options
  • 19-02-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

see a small passenger plane flying very low around donegal town , mountcharles,frosses ,drimarone , bluestack area , it is white with a red tail i first seen it at about 3 pm and its just about just now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

It's the geological survey of Ireland carrying out a geophysical aerial survey. Part of the Tellus project. They have to fly low to get the required resolution of data. http://www.tellusborder.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

oh rite very interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

Condi wrote: »
    They did fly in 2010, they just haven't made it available on the OSi website. It's still has commercial value at the moment so probably wont get added to the website untill another year or two. THey didn't get full county coverage either so there are strips missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

this plane is out today again in the donegal town area just after watching it skim over my house , its mad looking as a plane that close flying lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 donegal bay

yes, I've seen it twice today in Drimark area and once on sunday near Letterbarrow. It flies so low you wonder if it's a model aircraft, but no, it's the real thing. It has what I presume is a camera sticking out on a bowsprit at the front. Must be surveying, perhaps for google earth or something. the Gardai don't know about it. Let us know if you see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

I've seen it twice this morning, flying over the exact same spot in Donegal Town...wierd thing is that I've seen it multiple times over the last week or so, and always going over the same place (judged by the direction & location it crosses my office window). Don't know why they'd need to repeat their flights, but I'm hoping sure they know what they're doing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Could be sowing fertilizer :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

Advertisement