Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new zealand holiday

Options
  • 19-02-2012 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

I am travelling to New Zealand on March 12th until 24th may I am not planning on working just going to see friends but on average how much money will I need bring with me ? I dont drink that much and accomodation will be covered so just food and general travelling and activities i need to budget for. any ideas on a rough estimate i should bring?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

2 words

ATM Card ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Will you be travelling/renting a car?
    What activities do you plan on doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Pretty open ended question but if you buy your food at Pack'N'Save you could survive on less then $10 a day cooking yourself, eating out ad budget/takeaway places as little as $20-$30 a day. Obviously if youve got fine tastes you'll spend a lot more eating out.

Activities can vary hugely but will probably be quite expensive. Whale trips $200-300, Bungy $100-400, wine tours etc $200-300. Car rental $80+ a day.

Why don't you just google the activities you'd like to do when you get here and price each of them up...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭QueenBee1

I wont be eating out much, I have accomodation pretty much sorted staying with friends. I want to enjoy the country life maybe travel to Auckland so will involve hiring a car. I have planned 2000 nz dollars and then have 1500 euro on my credit card would this be ok?

And what kind of activities do you want to do?
    If you have accomodation sorted that shoulod save you plenty but the activities can be pricey.

On the plus side you haave plenty of time to take it a leisurely pace and also its really tourist friendly driving there. Plenty of picnic stops and tourist info centres.

• Advertisement
Advertisement