Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics in college

Options
  • 19-02-2012 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm filling out my CAO.

I'm interesting in studying economics in UCD although I've heard its an extremely tough course in college.
    I like economics in school, I also do higher level maths although it isn't easy for me.
    Is there a lot of maths involved in the course?

would you recommend studying economics in college?
    Is the course remotely like that for the leaving cert ?

I'd really appreciate any help you could give me.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Dont know what its like now but economics in UCD up until 2007 was a piece of piss. Pass maths and you will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

If you'll get the points / Maths grade go for Economics & Finance IMO, much better job prospects and wages upon graduation. If not go for Economics. They're both hard courses but if you plan on doing well there's so such thing really as an easy course anyway, all require work to get the grades.

Advertisement