Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

who is best/cheapest to turn off airbag light in an octavia

Options
  • 19-02-2012 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭

Hi,

could someone please advise me of who is the best or cheapest in galway at turnin off the airbag warning light on the dashboard of my skoda octavia?? i have an nct car test comin up soon and need to get this light turned off or it will fail..:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭kirving

LillySV wrote: »
    ... need to get this light turned off or it will fail..:(

No, you need to get the problem fixed so you have a much better chance or surviving an accident. Could be a loose wire, could be an expensive fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Hi,

could someone please advise me of who is the best or cheapest in galway at turnin off the airbag warning light on the dashboard of my skoda octavia?? i have an nct car test comin up soon and need to get this light turned off or it will fail..:(

You could get someone with VCDS/VAGCOM to turn it off before the NCT.

The cause is possibly/ probably the wiring for the side airbag underneath one of the front seats. Common enough problem, and cheap enough fix.

Happened with my 06 Octavia, and cost €45 to fix from a dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

i had the seat belt warning connection pulled out of the connection under the drivers side and i reckon that or the loose cover did something to the connection for the airbag beside it briefly which in turn caused the light to turn on...its the only reason i can think cause the wires all seem fine...

You could get someone with VCDS/VAGCOM to turn it off before the NCT.

The cause is possibly/ probably the wiring for the side airbag underneath one of the front seats. Common enough problem, and cheap enough fix.

Happened with my 06 Octavia, and cost €45 to fix from a dealers.

where is that dealer??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Sorry, re read your original post and saw the Galway part now. I'm sure there'll be someone along soon from the Galway area who'll be able to help.

• Advertisement

haha i was hopin it was near

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭john reilly

i had the seat belt warning connection pulled out of the connection under the drivers side and i reckon that or the loose cover did something to the connection for the airbag beside it briefly which in turn caused the light h be lighton...its the only reason i can think cause the wires all seem fine...
    if the wires were ok the light would go out, a computer wont be able to put the light out but it will help to identify the cause

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

if the wires were ok the light would go out, a computer wont be able to put the light out but it will help to identify the cause

computer is needed to switch off the airbag light even after the problem is fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭john reilly

sean1141 wrote: »
    computer is needed to switch off the airbag light even after the problem is fixed
    not on any car i know

not on any car i know

as far as i know, the vw groups (Audi,skoda,vw) air bag light is supposed to stay on until it is properly checked out and then cleared by one of their approved dealers... warning lights for bulbs etc will go off once fixed but ya need the computer device to turn off airbag light

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

sean1141 wrote: »
    not on any car i know

Sean's right. Same thing happened to mine; any auto electrics shop with VCDS/VAGCOM will do it so ring around and get a price. I paid €30 in Limerick.

peckerhead wrote: »
    Sean's right. Same thing happened to mine; any auto electrics shop with VCDS/VAGCOM will do it so ring around and get a price. I paid €30 in Limerick.

thanks, just need to find one in galway asap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭C4Kid

I don't believe it ! just hours after seeing this thread ,while inserting my seatbelt I trigger my airbag light. :mad: This must be the third time in two years where the wiring under the seat has given problems, very common indeed on VAGs.

I'll report back 2moro how much I paid in the Munster area for future ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

I have the same airbag light issue.

I need to get this connector under the seat of my Audi sorted,

anyone know a good garage in dublin experienced in the problem?

Would prefer to send it to someone who has dealt with it before (assume they could do it faster and cheaper)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 annie1982

My ford fiesta had an airbag light that's staying on too! Have nct on Friday! Isn't expensive to fix??

• Registered Users Posts: 9 annie1982

My ford fiesta has an airbag light that's staying on. Is it expensive to fix ? Have nct on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Hi,

I can plug in and clear the fault...But as said above if the fault is permanent then the problem/bad connection/faulty module etc will need to be sorted before the fault will clear....pm me if you need my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭hanloj1

Hi. Give GTB autos on the tuam road a shout. I swear by them. They have done a good bit of work on my a3 and the boss's yaris. They have the full diagnostics. Here's a link to there site:

http://www.gtbautos.com/

Row wrote: »
    I can plug in and clear the fault...But as said above if the fault is permanent then the problem/bad connection/faulty module etc will need to be sorted before the fault will clear....pm me if you need my number.

lads and lassies, i met up with ROW tonight and he plugged into the car and had the faults cleared in a matter of minutes..car now is 100% for the nct,(well apart from a tyre! ;p) he got rid of the airbag and exhaust management light which had been annoyin me for ages...

thanks a million Row for the class job and would advise anyone down this neck of the woods to give him a shout if the need diagnostic work on their car or want old faults cleared off the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

lads and lassies, i met up with ROW tonight and he plugged into the car and had the faults cleared in a matter of minutes..car now is 100% for the nct,(well apart from a tyre! ;p) he got rid of the airbag and exhaust management light which had been annoyin me for ages...

thanks a million Row for the class job and would advise anyone down this neck of the woods to give him a shout if the need diagnostic work on their car or want old faults cleared off the car.

No problem LillySV.....Glad to help out..:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

Row wrote: »
    No problem LillySV.....Glad to help out..:-)
    What was causing the problem? I have the same problem since earlier this evening. Does it have to be a main dealer I go to get it fixed?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

not on any car i know

Common on a lot of cars, same with mine and it's an alfa.
    C4Kid wrote: »
    I don't believe it ! just hours after seeing this thread ,while inserting my seatbelt I trigger my airbag light. :mad: This must be the third time in two years where the wiring under the seat has given problems, very common indeed on VAGs.

I'll report back 2moro how much I paid in the Munster area for future ref.

If it's the connections under the seats, you could consider soldering them so they are more solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This thread is a few months old, please bear this in mind if replying to posts

• Registered Users Posts: 17,262 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Had that problem a few weeks ago. Airbag light came on.

Diagnostics revealed ''Crash sensor malfunction'' on passenger side.

Cost E258 for new sensor. Part cost E94.

Had to get it done.No choice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

gammygils wrote: »
    Had that problem a few weeks ago. Airbag light came on.

Diagnostics revealed ''Crash sensor malfunction'' on passenger side.

Cost E258 for new sensor. Part cost E94.

Had to get it done.No choice

Roughly the same cost for me for a 00 Ford Focus. Don't fancy paying €380 on a 12 year old car.

I have the NCT in a few weeks and wondered are they failing Airbag lights staying on? The last time they passed it, but did I just get lucky?

Any feedback is appreciated and I might have to change the car.

Advertisement