Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So I got an interview with the president of G.Rev...

• 19-02-2012 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭

Here's another scoop I got with a collaboration interview for my blog. This time it's with G.Rev president Hiroyuki Maruyama. Honestly didn't think this one was going to go through. Thankfully it did!

Here's a link to my write up. Also look out for a video of the interview coming soon. :)

http://www.pinkbullets.co.uk/blogs/g-rev-interview/

Hope you find it an interesting read. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Just a small follow up on this one. The interview was videotaped and is currently being put together for release later this week or next week. I'll post an update when this happens.

I've been asked to provide some notes and a foreword for the video presentation so keep your eyes peeled for that one!

Couple more interviews are in the pipeline too. I hope folk enjoy them and I'll try my best to keep getting more of them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Wonder if Dominick Diamond would be interested in answering to the wrath of the Yang

EnterNow wrote: »
    Wonder if Dominick Diamond would be interested in answering to the wrath of the Yang

Depends if he's in to SHMUPS. If he's not, he can do one. :pac:

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Depends if he's in to SHMUPS. If he's not, he can do one. :pac:

Games racist :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Does Under Defeat really need a HD release? It looks pretty spectacular via the Dreamcast VGA box as is!

Still, I'm really happy to see it getting a retail release. More people need to play that game. I hope to feck it gets a PAL release, getting a bit sick of playing my dodgy burned DC disc :pac:

If he ever gets this he automatically wins the internet.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    If he ever gets this he automatically wins the internet.

That was my thoughts exactly, but the lack of SHMUP love by Diamond, coupled with his Caucasian descent will likely mean Mountain Lodge Man won't pursue it :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Does Under Defeat really need a HD release? It looks pretty spectacular via the Dreamcast VGA box as is!

For the price it goes for on ebay I'm all for an affordable version with HD visuals :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

@Pyongyang - good work sir! Will the video be subtitled do you know?

HD releases have zero interest for me (these shmups looked fine the way they are) but if it means they reach a wider audience and generate much needed revenue to keep G.Rev and the likes in business - then fair play to them I say.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Actually, I sent him a message via FB there last year and got a nice reply as well.
    If you send him a message or a request for an interview I'm sure he might just do it!

Andrew76 wrote: »
    @Pyongyang - good work sir! Will the video be subtitled do you know?

As far as I know it will yes. That's what's taking so long, the transcription and editing. Plus the fact I've been asked to write a foreword for the video and haven't done it yet. :o

I doubt I'd approach Mr. Diamond. Smashing chap that he is a) he probably wouldn't want to converse with my pissant sized blog and b) I can not recall a single SHMUP being broadcast on Gamesmaster (except maybe Axelay and Area 88, although I don't think they were used for challenges).

I've got more interviews in the pipeline. One I actually need to get off my backside and do something about. The other I think is going to happen.... one day. Keeps getting delayed.

• Advertisement

Oh and as for Under Defeat HD. Definitely going to try and get my mitts on the limited edition version now I've a glitched XBOX 360 happening soon. :)

Advertisement