Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luttrelstown, Dublin 15

Options
  • 19-02-2012 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi All,

Can someone advice on realistic prices for 3 bed semi-detached house in Luttrellstown, Dublin 15 area? For example, how much can be offered for property similar to http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=636144

Any offer price difference for cash buyer?

Any idea/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

did you see what other similar houses are asking in that area?

i'm no expert but borrowing as little as possible is always a good starting point.

if you are a cash buyer then you have an advantage over those who are not.

Go and view the house, find out what the area is like, schools, public transport, amenities etc.

then you can make a more informed decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Luttrelstown is a nice part of D15, very desirable, etc.

Have you viewed this house? What is the upstairs like? I'm a bit suspect of why none of the bedrooms are pictured.

Also the kitchen flooring is quite dated and needs replacing.

How long has it been on the market?

It seem like a somewhat asking realistic price at this time - but I wouldn't pay over 245,000.

Prices will drop further over the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zulfikarMD

who_ru wrote: »
    did you see what other similar houses are asking in that area?

Similar houses are priced around 260k (asking price on daft and myhome).
    Go and view the house, find out what the area is like, schools, public transport, amenities etc.
    Area is nice as i have been living around there for quite a long time now. Good public transport from the door step, nearby train station, good schools, reasonably close tesco etc..

I am more concerned about realistic price of similar house as I posted above.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

zulfikarMD wrote: »
    Similar houses are priced around 260k (asking price on daft and myhome).

Area is nice as i have been living around there for quite a long time now. Good public transport from the door step, nearby train station, good schools, reasonably close tesco etc..

I am more concerned about realistic price of similar house as I posted above.
    :)

Realistic is in the eye of the beholder.
    What is the absolute maximum you would pay for a house like this in this area?

Zamboni wrote: »
    Realistic is in the eye of the beholder.
    What is the absolute maximum you would pay for a house like this in this area?
    180k max

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

180k max

That's a reasonable offer from my point if view, but i'm not the person selling the house. Make a bid and see what happens. The estate agent might tell you it's not acceptable. But inform the EA that you are a cash buyer if that is the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I used to live around the corner, no chance of getting that for €180k yet

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

Hi All,

Can someone advice on realistic prices for 3 bed semi-detached house in Luttrellstown, Dublin 15 area? For example, how much can be offered for property similar to http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=636144

Any offer price difference for cash buyer?

Any idea/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

That's nice. Think I'll offer asking...

:p

Feidhlim wrote: »
    That's nice. Think I'll offer asking...:p

Did you offer him asking? my offer of 210k is refused..:P

• Advertisement

i don't believe the poster who said they offered the asking price is being serious.

210k is a good offer if you ask me. it was refused so time for you to move on and consider other houses in different areas?

i don't believe the poster who said they offered the asking price is being serious.

210k is a good offer if you ask me. it was refused so time for you to move on and consider other houses in different areas?

I am not serious either. :D And yes 210K is reasonable offer EA is not even willing to negotiate looking for 230K+ which i think is crazy..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Sure leave offer on of 210 on the table and may be taken up in 6 or 12 months time! 210 is loads for that area. There's a few around there up for sale. One for 275 been up for 10 months.

Sure leave offer on of 210 on the table and may be taken up in 6 or 12 months time! 210 is loads for that area. There's a few around there up for sale. One for 275 been up for 10 months.

Yes. few on daft, myhome for 275K there for long time..as far as i'm concerned i'm happy with the 210k offer which is fairly good at current property market. I will leave it to this for a while and hope for the best! :)

EA is not even willing to negotiate looking for 230K+ which i think is crazy..

then i don't think that house will sell if that's the attitude.

i'm not sure how to approach this situation..after making 210k serious offer and getting reply from EA saying offer should be 230K+ where asking price is 259k..im actively looking at houses and need to decide pretty quickly. I dont think house is worth more then 215K max so not sure how to proceed with this situation? I know there must be few people in similar situations and if they can give some expert opinion..its just that i want to finalise this within max coming 3 months..

i'm not sure how to approach this situation..after making 210k serious offer and getting reply from EA saying offer should be 230K+ where asking price is 259k..im actively looking at houses and need to decide pretty quickly. I dont think house is worth more then 215K max so not sure how to proceed with this situation? I know there must be few people in similar situations and if they can give some expert opinion..its just that i want to finalise this within max coming 3 months..

if i was you, i wouldn't increase the offer. Tell the EA that your offer of 210K is on the table but cannot be increased.

the worst thing you can do is become fixated with this house - remember you are the one with the money here. Always keep your options open. you will not get expert opinion here.

Advertisement