Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Fibre B/B Register your intrest campaign

Options
  • 19-02-2012 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

I swiched back to eirom this week and the lad who called to the door said we would have fibre Broadband in Rush in a month or so. I know this is complete rubbish.
    I was looking at Eircom's Fibre roll out and they are asking people to register their intrest.
    If we all registered in Rush, Lusk, Skerries, Balbriggan etc. Maybe we have a better chance of being one of the first t to get it. It's worth a try.

Click here to register interest
    If you think it's a good idea please +1 in your post so we can see if it's creating intrest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Registered my intrest as well I'm in Rush. Sick of crap speeds 3mb is the max I get just wondering wht yours is?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

in rush also with eircon 2 mb is all i can get that constantly drops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Psygnosis wrote: »
    Registered my intrest as well I'm in Rush. Sick of crap speeds 3mb is the max I get just wondering wht yours is?
    I'm in Balbriggan & can receive up to 8Mb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Psygnosis

You might want to change your profile location.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bmurphy8177

In Rush myself and max speed is 3mb. Obviously the speed is a problem. With Vodafone myself and as much and all as it pains me to say it, I haven't had a days trouble with it in terms of reliability.

Had Eircom call me on Friday night tying to flog me NGB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Eoineo wrote: »

Eoineo, I nearly fell for that, the word UP TO means your getting about 4 mb, make sure your not paying for the up to 8 mb package, :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

I am on 8mb next generation and I am lucky to get 1mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I am on 8mb next generation and I am lucky to get 1mb.
    Make sure yr not paying extra for it. I did for about a week and copped on. I just rang them and they down graded me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

cathy01 wrote: »
    Eoineo wrote: »

Eoineo, I nearly fell for that, the word UP TO means your getting about 4 mb, make sure your not paying for the up to 8 mb package, :)
    I can recieve it but I'm not signed up for it. I had a trial run a while back & the speedtests were accurate enough. I've no need for that kind of speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Yeah, for whatever reason Rush seems to be a bit of a black spot. I'm in Skerries and I get 18Mb. Very rarely drops below that too. I'm with Vodafone, but they're just reselling eircom lines to the best of my knowledge.

I heard that UPC were looking at expanding into Skerries and Rush in the medium term too (from a guy who works for UPC).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I have Vodafone up to 3mb here in Rush.
    Speedtest almost always comes in at between 1.3mb and 1.6mb

I'm a good bit down the Skerries road, near St. Catherines, so I always put this down to the fact that I'm so far from the exchange.

Anyone else this far away getting close to the max?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

I was speaking to a chap from UPC as well and he said they where rolling out Broadband in Lusk currently and when thats complete Rush and then Skerries is next. He said it wont be the short term whatever that means.

In regard to the Eircom broadband its all down to your distance from the exchange I'm on the skerries road as well and was able to get 4 but vodafone put me on 3 and are unable to change me. Im moving back to Eircom I've been speaking to them and they will set my profile at 6mb and let me test out how it works I think realastically I should get 5mb according to my stats as the attenuation is high but the quality of my line is good.

Advertisement