Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seville Marathon

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Itziger wrote: »
    46.40 for Ger664 at 10k. Don't know his target. Delighted to see The Bitter Lemon made it in the end! 44.40 at 10.

I think Ger is Looking for a BQ (sub 3:25) on target for sub 3:20 at halfway..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Yaboya through 30 in 2.12 .Spot on. Has picked it up a little if anything. Unless he encounters problems, he's on for 3.04/05

Yaboya through 30 in 2.12 .Spot on. Has picked it up a little if anything. Unless he encounters problems, he's on for 3.04/05

Ger has also picked up the pace up to 30k. On for 3:19

2:34 @ 35k; steady as a rock. He has been 4:24/km for 3 of the last 4 splits!!

Nothing from TbL since halfway. Hope he is ok....

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    Ger has also picked up the pace up to 30k. On for 3:19

Kept up the pace through 35k. Some great pacing from the lads. Ger is 4:43/km for 3 of his last 4 splits...

Yaboya Finished in 3:08.
    Looks like he had a rough time over the last 7.2k :mad:

Still a massive PB, so well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Yaboya Finished in 3:08.
    Looks like he had a rough time over the last 7.2k :mad:

Still a massive PB, so well done.

super achievement given his initial target. well done man.

Good man, Yaboya. You're 40 seconds ahead of me for the distance! I think we could make a good marathon couple. Sounds like your finish is similar to mine (unfortunately).

Enjoy a few beers in the sun.

Tracker seems to be dodgy, can't seem to get a result on ger or TbL. I'm off for my long run!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Great running lads. Well done. Enjoy the rewards now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

Yaboya is happy. Suffered a severe stitch at 23 miles which cost him the 3:05.

Still a superb improvement. Much more to come certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

I think Ger is Looking for a BQ (sub 3:25) on target for sub 3:20 at halfway..

Finish time of 3:21 showing for Ger.
    Well done lad - looking forward to the race report

Bulmers74 wrote: »
    Finish time of 3:21 showing for Ger.
    Well done lad - looking forward to the race report

Super; he'll be delighted with that. Anybody know what happened to TbL?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Super; he'll be delighted with that. Anybody know what happened to TbL?

Tnx Meno,

Shocker today DNF.

Just want to crawl under a rock

TbL

Tnx Meno,

Shocker today DNF.

TbL

Chin up lad, there'll be other days.

Chin up lad, there'll be other days.

+1

And thanks Itziger for all the updates today. The tracker wouldn't work on my phone so your posts where much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Tnx Meno,

Shocker today DNF.

TbL

So sorry to hear that Tbl, very, very frustrating after all your hard work.
    You'll be back to fight again another day

FBOT01 wrote: »
    +1

And thanks Itziger for all the updates today. The tracker wouldn't work on my phone so your posts where much appreciated.

I eventually had to drag my butt out to do a short run of my own, so missed the last 45 minutes of the lads' running. I find the tracker bleeding addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Thanks for all the support. I was worried about the trackers as when I ran over them they didnt beep.

Fell/Tripped dont know but I hit the deck pretty hard @ 39K and was looking good for sub 3:20 took me a minute to get back going again so just shuffled home as best I could for 3:21:21 Would have taken that at the start no doubt so not disappointed with what happened.

Race report when I find a PC that has MS Word on it :)

• Advertisement

ger664 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the support. I was worried about the trackers as when I ran over them they didnt beep.

Fell/Tripped dont know but I hit the deck pretty hard @ 39K and was looking good for sub 3:20 took me a minute to get back going again so just shuffled home as best I could for 3:21:21 Would have taken that at the start no doubt so not disappointed with what happened.

Race report when I find a PC that has MS Word on it :)

Great Run Ger, unfortunate about the fall but fair play to you for picking it back up. Hopefully you got the BQ time you were looking for. I hope the post race celebrations are been taken as seriously as the pre race training;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Beware this report is took longer then the race to compile

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Just signed up for this.....will be my first marathon. Yikes!
    €60

Just me then? Marathon plan kicks offs in two weeks, building up to about 40k for then and will ease into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Just me then? Marathon plan kicks offs in two weeks, building up to about 40k for then and will ease into it.

Enjoy!
    Fantastic race for absolute peanuts in comparison to a lot of the other big city marathons. €30 if you sign up early enough IIRC?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

I'm thinking about.Will make a decision after Dublin marathon. Good reviews about it. Also it looks like Ryanair are doing direct flights now.

Mr Jinx wrote: »
    I'm thinking about.Will make a decision after Dublin marathon. Good reviews about it. Also it looks like Ryanair are doing direct flights now.

yes, direct flights from Dublin, we're flying in on sat morning out tuesday. i think it was €55 for the marathon. Just starting a new training plan after a little setback.

the more the merrier!!!

6 weeks to go, any other takers for this?

Im balls deep in my marathon training plan and its somehow going well. Looking forward to it at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭golfer555

6 weeks to go, any other takers for this?

Im balls deep in my marathon training plan and its somehow going well. Looking forward to it at this stage!

Not doing Seville but Barcelona a month after. Seville is a beautiful city and heard so many good things about the marathon so you'll have a great time. As others have said the course is dead flat so will be a fast one. Let us know how you get on. Good luck!

Advertisement