Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why close topcs, mods ?

Options
  • 20-02-2012 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

the seanybiker and silly mccarthy threads have been closed, why?
    do it cost money for every reply or are we limited to what we can talk about,
    seems odd to me that ye are closeing topics that have a lot of intrest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

My guess? Because you're talking about a user who has closed their account. As such they cannot reply to any comments made, and may not want people talking about their reasons for closing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I'm responding to your PM, out of politeness, but ill answer here also. I have closed two types of topics myself for what are obvious reasons. I cant see from a quick glance any thread not covered in my below answer.

- Adverts go on adverts - as always. We cant facilitate them through Boards and Adverts has its own system, especially with disputes.

- "Good Bye" threads will always be closed, regardless of where they are posted. They are generally posted for attention seeking and its something we have no interest in facilitating. These people (seany & Silly) were gone before it was locked. In seanys case, I am of the understanding he didn't want the thread there either.

Any problems/questions - just stick with the PMs rather than a new topic in addition to a PM. :)

Bad news... Topic Closed ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement