Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rob Cars Out In UL

• 20-02-2012 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

*Robbed*

just past and 3 robbed cars in UL abandoned,seems mad

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is the thread title an instruction or a question..?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

Damn sorry no its not a question or an instruction haha there is robbed cars near the road without doors and burnt out !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Noticed this aswell earlier today, it's a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

I'm pretty sure its fixed like that for raising awareness for road safety week.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

you could actually be right but seems very strange to go as far as tear off doors and burn out the car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

"Road Safety Week highlights the appalling carnage on roads and what we can all do to stop it"

^^ That's from Google. Sometimes you have to take things to extremes to get people to realise the consequences of drunk driving/driving recklessly. I haven't seen what they've done yet but I think it's a good way to try and open peoples eyes to all the preventable accidents which happen every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

They do this every year. Bob Sweeney dropped them off Saturday. I love the way people rush to report negative press but didnt bother to read the notices on the cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

They do this every year. Bob Sweeney dropped them off Saturday. I love the way people rush to report negative press but didnt bother to read the notices on the cars.

Pretty obvious really given how strategically parked they are!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

From the UL Students Union Facebook page:

"Courtyard is looking pretty good - Crashed Cars all over the place. Having a bit of a sit in in the union to get ready for the week if anybody wants to come down and help out - Its a National Campaign hosted here. it would be great for your PVA or if you just want to get involved. Free pizza later on if you like. Helping out involves painting and busting up a few cars. I'm in office until the wee hours working away to some tunes, feel free to pop in or if im at one of the other crash sites give me a buzz on [phone number] Paddy YURT FOR ROAD SAFETY WEEK!"

I think that concludes this thread...

Advertisement