Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idiots set fire to all bins on Highfield Avenue

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

One wonders how long the new bus eireann digital displays will last along the streets by UCC given the scumbag element of its student population.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Ah. Was wondering what all the green crap and debris was! Idiots..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

I would have loved to of been there to see that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

One wonders how long the new bus eireann digital displays will last along the streets by UCC given the scumbag element of its student population.

ahhh ya happened at the weekend didnt it , thats when most students would be gone home ? But it Had to be students as nobody else lives around college do they ? Completly daft attitude there man , personally I find the 'locals " a much more agressive unpleasant bunch than any student .

I don't know much about the bus time displays but if they go the entire length of the number 5/8 routes I'd give the ones on college road a greater chance of survival than the ones in St.Lukes ect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

ahhh ya happened at the weekend didnt it , thats when most students would be gone home ? But it Had to be students as nobody else lives around college do they ? Completly daft attitude there man , personally I find the 'locals " a much more agressive unpleasant bunch than any student .

I don't know much about the bus time displays but if they go the entire length of the number 5/8 routes I'd give the ones on college road a greater chance of survival than the ones in St.Lukes ect

The video was taken on a Sunday night, There no students around the area at that time yeah?

And Fyi last time i checked there was public bins in and around St. Lukes, ever wonder why there's none around UCC?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

The video was taken on a Sunday night, There no students around the area at that time yeah?

And Fyi last time i checked there was public bins in and around St. Lukes, ever wonder why there's none around UCC?

Don't where you went to college but sunday night isn't exactly a student night out , is it ? :rolleyes:

Are you for real ? There's dozens of public bins around college , but I really don't know why you've brought that up , but i suppose you're going to say students broke them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

We don't go out on Sundays, we save our money for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday :pac: and most of us don't get back till 11 or 12! Besides that, lighter fluid costs money, which we don't have and that takes an awful lot of effort to do, and since us students are so lazy, why would we bother?

Also, ring Cork City council and ask why you don't see bins on the Western side of the city! We can't answer that for you here on the UCC forum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

Don't know how I missed that walking down Highfield the next morning? I wasn't even hungover....:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Hahahaha. You saw it, and then walked back around the corner and turned your phone on record for effect. Good stuff. That or you turned your phone on in anticipation for some good recording when you saw the guard van? Strange times we live in.

Terrible nuisance vandalism that though. Very childish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Nice troll attempt but actually I left my phone in my friends house on Highfield West so I went past the fires, down to their house and got my phone then recorded it on the way back up. Any more cool stories for me???

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

haha likely story dorgasm nice set of coincidences for you there! dont worry we wont judge you, just no need to lie bro :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Chris_J92

I love the way you've jumped to the conclusion it was students, you'd swear a few local scumbags didnt live over the road!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Chris_J92 wrote: »
    I love the way you've jumped to the conclusion it was students, you'd swear a few local scumbags didnt live over the road!
    *cough*Greenmount*cough*Ballyphehane*cough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Forgot to post this earlier, but the bins were set alight on Highfield Avenue again last Sunday night at roughly 2.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thephantom1

absolute joke like. what are some peoples problems. would be tempted to set up a rota between a few people every thursday night after the clubs close and try and catch them in the act

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭happyman81

Why St. Lukes? Because middle class people live in the area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

absolute joke like. what are some peoples problems. would be tempted to set up a rota between a few people every thursday night after the clubs close and try and catch them in the act

Eh...they've been set on fire on Sunday nights, you'd be wasting your time out looking for them on a Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thephantom1

Eh...they've been set on fire on Sunday nights, you'd be wasting your time out looking for them on a Thursday!

ok....
    absolute joke like. what are some peoples problems. would be tempted to set up a rota between a few people every sunday night after the clubs close and try and catch them in the act

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bobbity1234

Morons, there's a lot of families and old people that live around the college and are terrified by this kind of stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SEEMagazine

During my time in the SU there were a few isolated incidents of trouble in this area... but they weren't caused by UCC students (or CIT students for that matter) but by other youths (yoofs if you prefer) who simply had some ingrained begrudgery against 3rd level students.

There's this perception that we leave school, have a laugh for a few years in Uni, and do sweet FA. To be honest given that every job these days practically requires a degree to be allowed submit a CV I can't fathom why such ignorance exists.

I caught one such ape smashing all the wing mirrors on Magazine Road after the C&S Ball one night. Took him down and waited for the panda car to arrive.

I suppose I'm saying that there are people out there who appear to be a completely different species altogether; just destructive in nature, and prone to doing the most idiotic of things. Even if you caught that person in the act you'd really want to have informed the police that you're conducting a neighbourhood watch patrol, and that you will, under no circumstances, get involved. All it takes is one of them to pull a knife and you're in trouble.

When I tackled the aforementioned gentleman I was in peak physical condition, and (though I loathe the term) a jock. And one with unarmed combat experience. Also I was after a few and should never have gotten so immediately involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

During my time in the SU there were a few isolated incidents of trouble in this area... but they weren't caused by UCC students (or CIT students for that matter) but by other youths (yoofs if you prefer) who simply had some ingrained begrudgery against 3rd level students.

There's this perception that we leave school, have a laugh for a few years in Uni, and do sweet FA. To be honest given that every job these days practically requires a degree to be allowed submit a CV I can't fathom why such ignorance exists.

I caught one such ape smashing all the wing mirrors on Magazine Road after the C&S Ball one night. Took him down and waited for the panda car to arrive.

I suppose I'm saying that there are people out there who appear to be a completely different species altogether; just destructive in nature, and prone to doing the most idiotic of things. Even if you caught that person in the act you'd really want to have informed the police that you're conducting a neighbourhood watch patrol, and that you will, under no circumstances, get involved. All it takes is one of them to pull a knife and you're in trouble.

When I tackled the aforementioned gentleman I was in peak physical condition, and (though I loathe the term) a jock. And one with unarmed combat experience. Also I was after a few and should never have gotten so immediately involved.

I think the reason the perception exists is because there is a grain of truth in it. I have 11 hours of college a week, all of it fairly easy, and I do what would be considered a "good course".

However, I agree with everything else you said.

Advertisement