Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother Of the Bride dresses!

Options
  • 20-02-2012 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi guys

My Mam and my fiancées Mam are going to go shopping together for their outfits for our big day!
    Where are good places for them to look for dresses?
    Both are in their 50's and really wouldn't be to keen on spending hours walking around looking for dresses.
    But they are willing to go somewhere if they hear its great, so anywhere in the Leinster area is a possibility!
    Also they need hats, both don't even own a hat, i told them to look for the hat after they have their dress bought though.

If anyone knows somewhere that have great dresses that would suit mother of the bride/grooms I'd love to hear?

Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

My sis booked a (free) personal shopper for my mother in Debenhams (Belfast), and it was brilliant. Mam is difficult to please, has body issues and does not like dressing up, so it was looking like it was going to be a difficult project.

She loved all the outfits the shopper chose, and the second one she tried, she got. She had a great day, we had a great day, and she will look terrific and feel great on the day because its an outfit she loves and is comfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

My fiance's mother likes McElhinneys Fashions in Athboy. She travels from Dublin to it and always gets lovely outfits there and is planning on getting the mother of the groom dress there so it might be worth checking out.

My mam also used the personal shopper in Debehams and looked stunning on the day, clothes she probably wouldn't have picked herself.

I was walking by Hobbs in Dundrum yesterday and the stuff in their window is beautiful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Cat.OR

You'll find that there is a fairly limited range between all shops, my mum went to shaw's in Limerick and almost ended up with same outfit as husbands mother who got her's weekend before in Arnotts. Thankfully I'd seen it Haha.:) also both of them with their designer outfits had to option of being able to get fasinators, hats, shoes, bags, all matching in both places. Not cheap mind you and you'd probably get cheaper in other places but especially as with my mother when they don't like shopping its worth it. I'd suggest do Arnotts, debenhams, clerys before going to smaller places. hope they have nice day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Cat.OR

You'll find that there is a fairly limited range between all shops, my mum went to shaw's in Limerick and almost ended up with same outfit as husbands mother who got her's weekend before in Arnotts. Thankfully I'd seen it Haha.:) also both of them with their designer outfits had to option of being able to get fasinators, hats, shoes, bags, all matching in both places. Not cheap mind you and you'd probably get cheaper in other places but especially as with my mother when they don't like shopping its worth it. I'd suggest do Arnotts, debenhams, clerys before going to smaller places. hope they have nice day:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

My mam got get outfit for my sisters wedding in Hobbs London. It was lovely on her but expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭squeky

There is Boutique in banagher (lynch's fashions.com) and a shop in moate also and they are popular enough for mum of bride and groom and also dervans in loughrea. Maybe google"mother of the bride moate and you will get the names! Moate is not a big town anyway you won't have trouble finding it!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 suzins89

Thanks guys, never even knew you could get a personal shopper in Debenhams and Arnotts, i am definitely looking into it! Could save us a lot of time

Cheers
    Suz:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

You can also get a personal shopper in Brown Thomas too.

Whatever ye do, stay away from the typical rotten MOB outfit (satin taffeta skirt and jacket) - ugh!! A nice n simple dress will look stunning. I'd even go as far to say when going shopping don't tell them ye are looking for a MOB outfit so ye won't get put into the stereotypical box!

Advertisement