Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 minute film assignment (ideas)

Options
  • 20-02-2012 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

So yeah im currently studying Multimedia Production Lvl5 and one of my final assignments due is to produce a 1 minute short film on a subject of my choice.

Unfortunately the way things went back in October when I started goes like this. I was enrolled in one college to study web design due to begin in October 2011. 1 week before I was due to start I received a call stating that there wasnt enough students and they offered me a place in programming which I angrily rejected. I luckily got into my current college that week just in time to start my classes.

The only difference was that not only does the course involve web design but also post production video (which i love) and digital movie processing (hence this thread, i hate this).

I think anybody can relate to doing something they do not like and not doing well in it because of the lack of interest. I am really just looking for the easiest thing to do and I havent a notion what to do. Mental block galore :(

Help much appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

How about someone performing a task at work they really dislike and being all gloomy and grumpy. On the way home they pass a person who has fallen on hard times and because they are so gloomy they totally ignore the person in need who as a result is all gloomy.

Next day at work for some reason they get shifted to a different task and are now shown all happy and cheerful. On the way home from work they are bright and cheery. Notice the person who has fallen oh hard times, stop and offer a few friendly words, buy them a bite to eat etc... Person in need now has a positive outlook on life and as a result of that one act of kindness gets enough motivation to try extra hard to get their life back together and succeeds.

Just a totally rough idea and needs a lot more thought and most likely been dome a million times, but you asked for a suggestion and since you mentioned not liking the task.....

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fujiguy

My stupid idea would be to have the first 45 seconds of preperation for a sports event ( athletes waiting to take part, or the cleaning of the arena, followed by the people filling the seats in time lapse etc ) then have the last 15 seconds with intense music and sounds of the sport, with quick action shots and maype someone scoring/winning as the last few seconds. Kind of build up of hype then the unleashing etc.

Just an idea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sallywin

Tactical wrote: »
    How about someone performing a task at work they really dislike and being all gloomy and grumpy. On the way home they pass a person who has fallen on hard times and because they are so gloomy they totally ignore the person in need who as a result is all gloomy.

Next day at work for some reason they get shifted to a different task and are now shown all happy and cheerful. On the way home from work they are bright and cheery. Notice the person who has fallen oh hard times, stop and offer a few friendly words, buy them a bite to eat etc... Person in need now has a positive outlook on life and as a result of that one act of kindness gets enough motivation to try extra hard to get their life back together and succeeds.

Just a totally rough idea and needs a lot more thought and most likely been dome a million times, but you asked for a suggestion and since you mentioned not liking the task.....

And here it is: Must be a coincidence.
    http://www.8minutes.ie/films/

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭shiftkey

Tactical wrote: »

Now all ya need is the next Charlie Chaplin! I hope he goes for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sallywin

shiftkey wrote: »
    Now all ya need is the next Charlie Chaplin! I hope he goes for it!

Didn't you see my post above? Look at the film. It's sort of been done!

Advertisement