Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratched disc and install

Options
  • 20-02-2012 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Have a copy of rayman origins and son has gotten half way through game. It freezes when he wants to go any further. When i try to install game it gets half way through installing and then says disc is unreadable etc. I have cleaned it to no avail.
    If i rented a copy of this game and installed that copy, then left my copy in the console, would that work or not? Thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

No harm in trying. Depends really on how bad/where it was scratched.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Should do, all the console does is spin up to read the licence at the start once you install the new disc. your old disc should work fine afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

Vicxas wrote: »
    Should do, all the console does is spin up to read the licence at the start once you install the new disc. your old disc should work fine afterwards

I grow suspicous of your vast knowledge:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Flancrest wrote: »
    I grow suspicous of your vast knowledge:D
    Its fairly common knowledge lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Thanks all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement