Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Estate Agent

Options
  • 20-02-2012 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Looking to sell my home in Rush Co Dublin and looking for a good estate agent. Anyone know a good one that is selling houses at the moment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pawnacide

Sell it yourself, it's actually incredibly easy.. if the price is right. There are no tricks despite what agents say and people seem to think.

Advertise it on daft and myhome.. thats about all an estate agent does. Consider a premium add on Daft or my home (no I don't work for them)
    Check with the websites but I presume you can edit your add, when u first but up your add advertise an 'open house' for two hours on a saturday and sunday, spring clean the place, get rid of the kids, remove all personal items.. photos etc, clear all surfaces, turn on all the lights .. no viewings and ur price is wrong.

If you're not sure about valuations get 3 auctioneers out and tell em your thinking of selling and they'll give u a price, when u sell maybe throw the guy closest in price a couple of hundred just for his time and you won't be ripping them off.

There was a time when it was more beneficial to employ an agent coz they had a larger volume of calls from potential buyers but since the internet has taken over everybody looking for a house in your area will be aware your property is for sale.

If it's on a busy road you should put a sign on it but if its in a cul de sac it will make little difference.

Don't take a deposit coz it's pointless and it might put off a potential buyer as you're not a bonded agent. Agents like deposits coz they can deduct their fees from them when the sale close and return the balance .. guaranteed payment.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and answer any questions you have if u like.

Advertisement