Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automated SFTP Transfers

Options
  • 20-02-2012 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

looking for some help, I need to schedule some SFTP file moves, we were using voyager ftp pro, but its crap, has desperate memory leaks and dies evey few hours (even after updates)

basically need to move some files from one location to another every 30 mins using sftp. Something i can rely on.

i was looking at winscp but it doesnt seem to support a scripted move, only a scripted copy.

cheers in advance.

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

Hi Folks,

looking for some help, I need to schedule some SFTP file moves, we were using voyager ftp pro, but its crap, has desperate memory leaks and dies evey few hours (even after updates)

basically need to move some files from one location to another every 30 mins using sftp. Something i can rely on.

i was looking at winscp but it doesnt seem to support a scripted move, only a scripted copy.

cheers in advance.

A

Have a look at expandrive. It allows you mount the s/FTP location as a local drive then simply use a batch/shell script to copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

yeah that looks pretty good and may be an option, but im looking for something more open source or freeware.

thanks for that though. will keep it as an option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Filezilla will do that for you.

It takes command line arguments which lends itself well to scheduled unattended operation.

Command line arguments here.

cheers for tha liamo but it looks like filezilla can be scripted to connect/disconnect only not actually transfer any files?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Sorry about that. I use Filezilla regularly in interactive mode and I remember looking at it for a scripted task. I don't remember the outcome but I probably went with pscp in the end. Have you looked at that?

Download here.

• Advertisement

i figured out how to do it with winscp. but clunky but looks to be working ok.

thanks for the advice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

I choose Allway Sync
    It uses innovative synchronization algorithms to synchronize your data between desktop PCs, laptops, USB drives, remote FTP/SFTP servers, different online data storages and more. Encrypted archives are supported. Allway Sync combines bulletproof reliability with extremely easy-to-use interface.

Advertisement