Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scanner in UCD

Options
  • 20-02-2012 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I need to get some documents scanned to attach to a job application, just wondering if anyone knows if there are any scanning facilities in UCD? Thought of CopiPrint in Newman but not sure if thats just photocopying/ printing?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gradlife

Scanner in the room on the right, in daedalus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Just-A-Phase

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 UCDCommuter

A lot of the copiprint photocopiers work as scanners too, you just need to bring a usb key to save onto.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

You can get the UCard photocopiers (black in colour) to work as a scanner.

If you scan your UCard, then press the button on the copier that says 'Send' (it's an actual button, not on the touchscreen), then you can choose e-mail address. Enter your email address (quickly! it automatically logs you off after 2 minutes of inactivity, and unless you are printing/copying, you are technically inactive it seems). Then press the big green copy button.

It scans in everything, and emails it to that email address in a pdf file, without charging the account (because you aren't actually printing). I used the auto-feed thing so it put 6 pages into one pdf, but I imagine if you use the actual glass for scanning it would probably create a new pdf for each page you scan.

There's probably a way of getting it to scan onto your memory key, but I didn't have the memory key with me, and thought the email feature was pretty handy!

Advertisement