Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pro-Forma

• 20-02-2012 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question, not so quick as it turns out.:)

Company issues a pro-forma invoice and customer pays.

After goods have been dispatched - company discovers it omitted some items from pro-forma amounting to 2% of overall order value.

It issues an invoice for the outstanding amount.

Customer naturally queries this as is unsure what it is for.

Customer then raises the issue of bank charges for the small outstanding amount.

Company admits the outstanding invoice is for items it forgot to put on the original pro-forma.

However despite all of this customer receives a threat of a court order if payment is not made within 7 days. 4 months after issue came to light.

The customer did speak with another member of the company who requested their vat number - Irish Customer / UK company - he apparently cleared the issue from the customer's account or was going to do so. Customer unfortunately did not make a note of his name!

Where does the legal right fall with the customer or the company?

If value has any bearing on this the amount in question is I believe £20.00

The company would like to be paid.
    The customer would like to avoid a second set of bank charges.

Therefore now there is a stalemate and principals are being called into play by both parties.

As I see it the mistake lies with the company.
    However they should be paid.
    The customer does not deserve to pay fees twice for an error not of his doing.

The customer whom I know is a bit concerned - but I said it should be ok and to call the company which he did and express the above concerns.

IMO there are two solutions:

1. Customer pays minus the charges.
    2. Company foregoes the outstanding amount.
    Either way the customer should receive an email or letter stating that this matter is resolved and that no court summons will be issued or further action taken?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement