Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jim Edwards Kinsale

Options
  • 20-02-2012 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question, are they normally fairly shocking with the service there.. Was taken a back yesterday when we called in there for a bite to eat..Now the chap we first meet was loverly (he should be French) and the bar man was nice, but the min we were seated things went to pot..

We ordered as per normal, all good..Then I dont think they even noticed the table from then on..It took 2 hrs to finish a two startes and mains and it wasnt that it took us that long, thats how long we waited for them... Had to ask for water which should be a norm thing, lady forgot to bring it to us so had to ask the bar man who kinda ignored us along with three staff members behind the bar, had to ask the fella who should be french again for it..If it wasnt for him the place would fall apart i would be thinking..

Is it normally like this, it would completly put me off going there again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I haven't been there in a good while but I do remember the service being a tad slow alright.
    I also felt some of the basics were poor (like you said, no water etc).
    Did you eat in the restaurant or the bar? My experience was based on the restaurant.
    However, service aside, I thought the food was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

jaysus Id say they didnt even have the basic's no smiles or anything...It was the bar side we were in, right in the middle so it wasnt like we were tucked away in a corner or anything.

Id say now to be honest I wouldnt be going back for the food..All except the Oysters we got the steamed ones and mmm they were tasty I would go back for them but all the rest was overcooked and dried out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

An unremarkable overpriced place imo.

Head down to Hurley's in Ballinspittle for some decent no-frills pub grub in a nice relaxed community/family atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yeah It would have been cheaper to buy and cook it ourselfs...So Hurleys then do they have the seafood though, thats what I am after. We heard of some place close to Skibbereen where they serve the best crab but I would love to find a local place to go to....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Milly33 wrote: »
    Yeah It would have been cheaper to buy and cook it ourselfs...

Isn't it always cheaper to buy and cook yourself rather than eating out :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Jim Edwards would be very low down on my list of places to eat in Kinsale. better off in Hamlets or White Lady among others.

last time i was there it was very average (food and service)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

Just avoid the Bulman at all costs. Ok as a pub but complete crap as a restaurant. Poor service and overpriced in the extreme. The owner was quite aggressive when challenged over this.

Come back McDonalds - all is forgiven :D

Advertisement