Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor and bill discount

Options
  • 20-02-2012 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Both myself and my wife had an 18 month contract that finished with Meteor last November. We both continued on and signed up for another 18 months. Start of December got a phone call out of the blue from Meteor sales to say we could either have a free phone upgrade or €5 off our €20 monthly bill. We will have the money off please:D better in my pocket than Meteors.

Move forward to January no money off:mad: Rang them to sort it out and was told that it would be sorted. Wife still not getting it:mad: My bill is showing a discount of €5 and an oustanding amount of €5:confused:. Rang today none to happy , was told mine is ok as its not automatic yet so it must be put in manually for the moment:eek:. So I must sit down now and make sure account is ok.

Asked to speak to a manager and was told it would take between 24 and 48 hours as they are very busy:cool:. MMMMMM wonder why.

Any one else having this trouble and was it sorted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Might get more feedback here.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭THENORTHSIDER

thanks but that appears to be issues with eircom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

The way meteor have gone I would advise checking your bill every month and the first time that something is wrong stop the Direct debit. Tell meteor in writing or email you are doing this and tell them it is because you are disputing the amount of the bill. Tell them in writing that you will re-instate the Direct Debit when they invoice you for the correct amount! Copy all communication to ComReg and the IPSO info@ipso.ie

http://www.ipso.ie/section/DirectDebitScheme

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

A lot of people having a similar problem ( http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056447256 )

I suggest emailing stuff@meteor.ie and trying not to get too annoyed with them. If you check the bill when they issue it there's usally enough time to get it sorted via email before they debit your account.

It's pretty unbelievable that they have to do this manually but it does seem to be the case.

Zab wrote: »
    A lot of people having a similar problem ( http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056447256 )

I suggest emailing stuff@meteor.ie and trying not to get too annoyed with them. If you check the bill when they issue it there's usally enough time to get it sorted via email before they debit your account.

It's pretty unbelievable that they have to do this manually but it does seem to be the case.

getting annoyed is the thing Im having difficulty with:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

thanks but that appears to be issues with eircom

Meteor IS eircom

thanks RangeR thought it was more eircom per say but will go back over and have a look again

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Actually there may not be enough time at all. Going on my own recent experience with Meteor they appear to set people up by default on the awful direct debit plus system (incidentally there is no provision for this in the dd system). The reason this matters is that the default notice for the so called dd+ is only seven days.

And again this seven days is not quite what it seems. Two days in any seven will be lost due to a weekend while billing data is released to the bank three days in advance of the due date of debiting so there is virtually no time to get a bill amended. Remember that companies are not entitled to debit your account willy nilly and customers need to become much more assertive in respect of their rights under the dd system and particularly in insisting that disputed amounts should not be debited.

http://www.ipso.ie/section/section/YourRightsasaPayer

Well, I can't speak for anything other than what happened to me obviously but the fact that 7 days is all that's required doesn't mean that that's all they'll give. As far as I can tell I'm on a normal direct debit and my invoices are issued on the 16th and collected on the 3rd, which is over the required 14 days (so far in reality it's been collected much later than that).

What other differences are there between normal and plus?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Well, I can't speak for anything other than what happened to me obviously but the fact that 7 days is all that's required doesn't mean that that's all they'll give. As far as I can tell I'm on a normal direct debit and my invoices are issued on the 16th and collected on the 3rd, which is over the required 14 days (so far in reality it's been collected much later than that).

What other differences are there between normal and plus?

If you get your bill by post then it is actually quite hard to know when a bill is actually issued - companies can (and do!) put any date on a bill that they like and it is impossible to know when they actually posted them as business post is not generally postmarked. For example companies seem to think that it is sufficient to date a bill 14 days in advance of the debt date but thats not fourteen days notice. And remember even with the 14 days notice at least seven will be lost (two weekends and the period for forwarding the information to the bank)

The date on my Meteor bill bears no relation to the date on which I have received them up to now.

The big difference between the two schemes is that under the so called plus scheme the dd is usually set up over the phone and the company concerned holds the documentation - t his causes all sorts of problems for your branch who have no record of the dd actually existing. There is plenty of evidence of the chaos it causes here on boards.

• Advertisement

Sounds like a poor system (dd+).

I get my bills online, I can see them on the "invoice date".

well 48hours have come and gone and no return call from customer services to listen to my complaint. Probably no call as they are too busy dealing with all the well wishers that are ringing to congratulate them on the wonderful service they provide . Heavens above one might think that people are complaining

Rang me 72 hours later and have offered me €15 credit :D so will wait and see if it actually happens:rolleyes:

Advertisement