Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was there a Nightclub at Doyle's Corner, Phibsboro?!

Options
  • 20-02-2012 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

I work in the Phibsboro area. Anyone familiar (or even not!) with the area will know Doyle's. I was walking down the Phibsboro Rd today and noticed a side entrance which has a shutter door constantly pulled down. Above it is a sign that says Club Blue. Does anyone on here know when this place operated? When it closed? What it was like etc... Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

yeah, upstairs in doyles use to open about 9pm/10pm. Remember we use to go there thurs/fri after work years ago when I worked in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

its closed a few years at this stage.
    It used to be called the cloud club or cloud then they called it blue.
    Rough enough kip.
    Used to go there about 6 or 7 years ago I think.
    I think they lost their nightclub licence as there was always murder outside the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

sham69 wrote: »
    Rough enough kip.
    Used to go there about 6 or 7 years ago I think.
    I think they lost their nightclub licence as there was always murder outside the place.
    we probably watched a few 2am dust ups together from the comfort of Abrakadabra next door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Yup, my brother worked the door on it.. A right sh*t hole altogether and no loss by all accounts.

Advertisement