Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile 3G. Post your data speeds. Tescomobile dont think there is a problem.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭GIMP

Speeds tonight absolutely unusable even at 11.30pm getting 0.1mb, this is ridiculous, I like Tesco network but Paul this needs addressing!!!

Speed at 2.23am 0.3mb, same location, same phone, o2 sim getting constant 2.5mb...........??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Checking if there is anything local to North Dublin but there shouldnt be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I'm in Rathgar and just ran three speed tests that average out at 1.21Mbps download, 0.68Mpbs upload, and 106ms ping.

Gyalist wrote: »
    I'm in Rathgar and just ran three speed tests that average out at 1.21Mbps download, 0.68Mpbs upload, and 106ms ping.

Thanks, yes that is the experience we are seeing generally but the guys are reporting very low figures in Dublin north city.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

Awful speeds all day again today.
    I did speed tests in Shankill and Rathmines. None of them above 200k.

Dublin 3 @ 23.25pm down 0.2mb won't even register upload and ping of 1364. Pages constantly timing out.

Awful speeds all day again today.
    I did speed tests in Shankill and Rathmines. None of them above 200k.

Hi Cricketdude

Can you PM me your
    - mobile no
    - phone brand and model

thanks
    Paul

GIMP wrote: »
    Dublin 3 @ 23.25pm down 0.2mb won't even register upload and ping of 1364. Pages constantly timing out.

Hi GIMP

Can you PM me your
    - mobile no
    - phone brand and model

thanks
    Paul

Sent pm, speeds tonight at 22.01pm 0.1mb again, pages timing out constantly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

Hi Cricketdude

Can you PM me your
    - mobile no
    - phone brand and model

thanks
    Paul

Dont worry about it.
    Myself and my wife changed to meteor today.
    Couldnt take the high pingd and slow internet with tescomobile anymore.
    FYI.
    Iphone 4S and Iphone 4.
    We both got terrible speeds with tescomobile.
    Even when i had the HTC desire i got terrible speeds with tescomobile.

Dont worry about it.
    Myself and my wife changed to meteor today.
    Couldnt take the high pingd and slow internet with tescomobile anymore.
    FYI.
    Iphone 4S and Iphone 4.
    We both got terrible speeds with tescomobile.
    Even when i had the HTC desire i got terrible speeds with tescomobile.

Ok, will continue to look at it anyway

Regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Kaner2004

I havent been getting any higher than 250 up or down on tescomobile. And thats on a good day. Speedtests done all around Dublin, Wicklow and Kildare at all times of day.
    Neither has anyone I know on tescomobile.
    Tescomobile were supposed to be putting in a fix for the terrible data speeds yesterday, but no change. Its still as bad as ever.

It is the same story with everyone I know on tescomobile. Terrible data speeds and all of us are coming to the point of deciding that tescomobile is unusable for data and we will just have to change provider.

It seems to be a very bad data service that they offer and even though they admit they are having problems in another thread, every time they say its fixed, there is no change at all. Not much use for smartphone users tbh.

Can we have a date once and for all when this will be fixed instead of just empty promises?

Kaner2004 wrote: »
    I havent been getting any higher than 250 up or down on tescomobile. And thats on a good day. Speedtests done all around Dublin, Wicklow and Kildare at all times of day.
    Neither has anyone I know on tescomobile.
    Tescomobile were supposed to be putting in a fix for the terrible data speeds yesterday, but no change. Its still as bad as ever.

It is the same story with everyone I know on tescomobile. Terrible data speeds and all of us are coming to the point of deciding that tescomobile is unusable for data and we will just have to change provider.

It seems to be a very bad data service that they offer and even though they admit they are having problems in another thread, every time they say its fixed, there is no change at all. Not much use for smartphone users tbh.

Can we have a date once and for all when this will be fixed instead of just empty promises?

There is a planned change next week to resolve.

regards
    Paul

I would tend to agree with this, they are very poor for data. Paul simple question why are we not allowed full o2 network speeds at this stage???

GIMP wrote: »
    I would tend to agree with this, they are very poor for data. Paul simple question why are we not allowed full o2 network speeds at this stage???

Full HSPA network speeds involves upgrades to the systems that Tesco Mobile are hosted on. This is scheduled for later this year.

The current issue is a bottleneck in our bandwidth that we are working to have removed.

It is taking longer than I would like but it will be sorted soon.

We had been seeing good steady speeds of > 1mbps down for much of this year until this bottleneck developed.

regards
    Paul

regards
    Paul

But you've been saying that the change yesterday was going to resolve the data speeds problem. You even posted up that it was done, until people got back and said that there was no change. Is next weeks change going to resolve it really, or are you going to post again next week that there will be another change the following week.

But you've been saying that the change yesterday was going to resolve the data speeds problem. You even posted up that it was done, until people got back and said that there was no change. Is next weeks change going to resolve it really, or are you going to post again next week that there will be another change the following week.

Its not as simple as it might seem. There were 2 steps to the change. The first was expected to alleviate some of the problem. We weren't sure until it was performed what the full impact would be. The second change is a more significant change which should resolve it. Note all I am speaking about is the current bottleneck that can be seen in peak hours. Once this is resolved speeds should return to a more consistent level as seen before (depending on site factors).

I am not trying to mislead anyone. I think you will find we at Tesco Mobile are more open and direct than most when informing you of the actual status of queries.

regards
    Paul

Its not as simple as it might seem. There were 2 steps to the change. The first was expected to alleviate some of the problem. We weren't sure until it was performed what the full impact would be. The second change is a more significant change which should resolve it. Note all I am speaking about is the current bottleneck that can be seen in peak hours. Once this is resolved speeds should return to a more consistent level as seen before (depending on site factors).

I am not trying to mislead anyone. I think you will find we at Tesco Mobile are more open and direct than most when informing you of the actual status of queries.

regards
    Paul

I have only once seen a speed of greater than 250. All my friends on tescomobile havent seen higher than that either. If there ever was a consistent level, it was 250 up and down. Not good enough for a smartphone.

I have only once seen a speed of greater than 250. All my friends on tescomobile havent seen higher than that either. If there ever was a consistent level, it was 250 up and down. Not good enough for a smartphone.

Not sure how long you have been on the network but 2mbps is the theoretical cap and real download speeds above 1mbps are common (when we are not in the current bottleneck situation). Others have reported same. This is not just me telling you this

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement

Not sure how long you have been on the network but 2mbps is the theoretical cap and real download speeds above 1mbps are common (when we are not in the current bottleneck situation). Others have reported same. This is not just me telling you this

regards
    Paul

I've been on the network since Christmas.
    I have many friends on it too.
    Crap speeds are very common. Read the rest of this thread. Read the title.
    I can assure you, ive asked so many people now and 1mbps speeds on the tescomobile network are far from common.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

How long has that bottleneck been there? Because myself and the wife havent had anything greater than 300kbps download speed on tescomobile since Christmas. No matter where in the country we do speedtests.
    I need this to get better this week or the mrs will make us move.

regards
    Paul

Has this change happened yet?
    I have asked friends on tescomobile and we all still have terrible data speeds today if this change went ahead.

Yes, a change was made at 4.30pm. There are clear improvements now in ping times and download speeds. There is still a remaining issue to look at on upload speeds and this will be addressed mid next week.

Regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

just done a speed test now,|im truly shocked, this needs to be sorted out ASAP:eek:

jonnny68 wrote: »
    just done a speed test now,|im truly shocked, this needs to be sorted out ASAP:eek:

The download speeds are fine now within our max 2 mbps cap. Your download speed is location related. There is still an issue with upload speeds that will be sorted next week

regards
    Paul

The download speeds are fine now within our max 2 mbps cap. Your download speed is location related. There is still an issue with upload speeds that will be sorted next week

regards
    Paul

Location related, im pretty much in Dublin City Centre one would assume out of the whole country data speeds would be higher in the middle of the city than anywhere else (or at least they should be )

I will do another speed test and post it here.

This is the 4th test ive done today and this is the best i can achieve,as i said im not far from town so one would assume data speeds would be fast.. ill give it another 2 weeks max and if it doesn't improve im afraid ill have to go elsewhere :confused:

regards
    Paul

They most certainly are not fine now.

I've done speed tests yesterday and today in different parts of Dublin and Wicklow. All have been the usual poor data speeds from Tescomobile.
    I have also asked friends to do speed tests so i know its not just me. All are very disappointed with tescomobile data speeds.

Are you sure anything was fixed at all? I know last week you said it was fixed and then when called out on it, said it would be fixed last Friday. Its not.

• Advertisement

Yes I am sure

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement