Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westfield option

Options
  • 20-02-2012 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

the idea here is the 5 IS7s wait (not too long) and the other 2 try to draw out any enemy up north. if no1 is there or not coming over., All the is7s push over together and sweep right into the town. Our germans in the town push through when the IS7s are close.
    Hummel is on base defense duties. Might need to go furter north than in pic to avoid being spotted from cap
    T95 on the ridge same
    Bat**** (binocs) finds any bush that will hide him and spots only for the t95 and hummel. he does not fire unless they are very close to cap. if our base is safe , he is free to go after arty.
    What might change the tactic is if the enemy do a valley rush. Then our is7s run down to the ridge or back to our base. germans stay put in cover.
    Same idea starting from the other base.

Comments and criticisms welcome..

westfeld1.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Would the T95 not be very vunerable to arty there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

i know where the hummel is, is not a good spot(tried it recently), either you can be seen from town or you cant shot up north, so choose one ;) nevere sure where is good on this map.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

I love you all but it is simple as far as i am concerned, if i see westfield as a clan battle i will not participate , either in attack or def as i see both a waste of time.

Westfield, Campinofka and Erlinberg are the worst 3 maps in game so any attack on them maps are a waste of time as far as i am concerned

By the way i am not sober

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Westfield is just far too random and uncontrollable, I don't see much room for tactics. Ultimately that map is just a roll of the dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

I love you all but it is simple as far as i am concerned, if i see westfield as a clan battle i will not participate , either in attack or def as i see both a waste of time.

Westfield, Campinofka and Erlinberg are the worst 3 maps in game so any attack on them maps are a waste of time as far as i am concerned

who said we were...

it is a tough map, you have to catch the others out of position an d push on them...

on a seroius note, i love this map but in cw tough. i found that you can get your fast spotters to the valley from the top quicker than the guys in the flag start(ye with me :P) use those as the hidden spotters in the far valley side and then push, cover south town and centre town, my 2 sense :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

i told you to stay away from the gin. its a depressant.
    you have a point though about it being a hard map to defend, but it might be an option to use as an easy landing spot and move inland to differant maps fast assuming the maps change as you move inland of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    i told you to stay away from the gin. its a depressant.
    you have a point though about it being a hard map to defend, but it might be an option to use as an easy landing spot and move inland to differant maps fast assuming the maps change as you move inland of course.

Lol gin makes me :D:o

and yes i agree, as a landing point to move inward is a valid point, but only if the inward maps are agreeable. :)

Advertisement