Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes back up

• 20-02-2012 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

I have a lot of music on iTunes, about 2500 songs. I have it all on my laptop and some of it on my iPhone. If anything were to happen to my laptop I would loose it all as I havent it saved onto anything else. What is the best thing to do do back it up. Im not big into computers and just want something handy that if my laptop breaks down I wont loose all the music. Is an external hard drive the way to go? Or is there a better way? As Ive said Im not big into computers. Is this iCloud thing used for backing up music?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭YIA

Have a look at iTunes Match.
    It might do the job for you.
    Puts all your music in the cloud (interweb) and can sync onto another computer if your laptop blows up.

Forgot to mention - it's €25 per year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Or copy your itunes database(should be in your my music folder) along with your my music folder to a friend or family members laptop or to a portable HDD/USB key.
    I'm guessing 2500 songs is about 12-16GB maybe?
    If so look into getting a 32GB flash drive, costs about €40 here

Advertisement