Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing SmartPhone Handset

Options
  • 20-02-2012 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi
    Changing mobile SmartPhone handset
    Currently have got a HTC HD7

Which are best Smart Phones handsets to go with - HTC, Samsung, Nokia, LG ?. Are they all pretty much the same in terms of feature set - memory, megapixels on camera etc

Will the incar charger connector and handsfree set i have work with any of these handsets if i was to go for another instead of HTC ?

If i move away from Windows Phone - what ones are good handsets to go with ?

I have all my contacts in Hotmail so if i go to Android phone - can i use hotmail with this and sync my hotmail contacts, calendar and inbox to the android phone?

What about my music and vidoes - currently they in Zune and i use Zune to sync them with the phone when i add new albums - If i move to android phone i wont be able to use Zune will i - will i have to import all the albums again into some other application and use that to sync with the android phone

Am i best sticking with some Windows Phone - now that ive done down that road
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Passport1 wrote: »
    Hi
    Changing mobile SmartPhone handset
    Currently have got a HTC HD7
    Which are best Smart Phones handsets to go with - HTC, Samsung, Nokia, LG ?. Are they all pretty much the same in terms of feature set - memory, megapixels on camera etc

They always have pretty much the same specs. But its not always all in the specs. Your HD7 is probably up to speed of an average dual core android handset and it runs hell of a lot smoother. Samsung are always good for their screens and in my experience battery always lasts a bit longer in them.

When i had the HD7 i really hated it cause it had a crap screen, quite crap build quality and the smallest battery ever leading to crap battery life for me.
    Will the incar charger connector and handsfree set i have work with any of these handsets if i was to go for another instead of HTC ?

It should for most smartphones except for the iPhone. The connection cables are all standardised.
    If i move away from Windows Phone - what ones are good handsets to go with ?

It really depends on what you really need from the phone and whats your budget.
    I have all my contacts in Hotmail so if i go to Android phone - can i use hotmail with this and sync my hotmail contacts, calendar and inbox to the android phone?

Again depends on the phone. On Android Gingerbread you will be able to get a Hotmail app and it should sync your calendar events and contacts. Though it used to annoy me how it never had support for multiple calendars from Hotmail.
    What about my music and vidoes - currently they in Zune and i use Zune to sync them with the phone when i add new albums - If i move to android phone i wont be able to use Zune will i - will i have to import all the albums again into some other application and use that to sync with the android phone

For likes of Samsung smartphones you will have to use Kies Suite or USB Storage to manage your media. Zune is only for managing your Windows Phone and Zune Media Player. But you will be able to use your existing music, you will just have to point likes of Kies to the folder where they are located.
    Am i best sticking with some Windows Phone - now that ive done down that road
    Thanks

Its always good to have options. Try getting into a Wireless World store and play with the live demo's. Likes of Lumia 800, HTC Titan and Samsung Omnia W are way nicer and better handsets than HD7. Play with some Android handsets too and you will be able to see what their like to navigate.

I personally went from HD7 to Omnia 7 (loved that phone), got a Galaxy S2 played with that for a couple of weeks but got bored and went back to my Omnia 7. Traded my Omnia 7 for a HTC Sensation and been counting days till i got the opportunity to go back to WP7.

Android handsets are nice. There are a couple of apps we dont have on Windows Phone marketplace (mainly irish location service apps). But having used best of Android and best of Windows Phone i still find WP7 to perform faster, more stable and reliable. As said specs arent everything.

If your happy with WP7 stick with it just get a better phone :) HD7 was a terrible phone with terrible hardware (it was just a HTC HD2 with a new shell and OS)

Advertisement