Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Value Car Wash

Options
  • 20-02-2012 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭

I generally get my car washed in Lohunda motors. The have a speedy operation going on that only costs €5.50.

Anywhere cheaper though?

I know the service station on the Clonsilla Road is probably cheaper but I always am afraid I will run out of water. I also think the lads that are doing it day in day out do a better job then myself!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

E8.50 for the lads up in the Centre beside The North Face & TK Maxx.

They do the work for you, but then even a skinflint like me, tells them to keep the change of a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

I find Blakestown car wash better than Lohunda. Just down the road & costs €5

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

bf wrote: »

This is the one I use all the time...

Best carwash by a mile,5 washes and you get one free

He wipes down the car so it doesn't give you white lines all over,I think the Lahunda one charges you a euro to wipe it.

Its only a fiver,well recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

bf wrote: »

Where is this place? I'm struggling to picture where it is..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

ongarite wrote: »
    Where is this place? I'm struggling to picture where it is..

Directly opposite St Peregrines GAA Club on the Blakestown Road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

One more question then!!
    Is the place in Blakestown a hand wash or a machine wash?

Not a fan of the machine brush washes, very harsh on your paint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Kev. wrote: »
    This is the one I use all the time...

Best carwash by a mile,5 washes and you get one free

He wipes down the car so it doesn't give you white lines all over,I think the Lahunda one charges you a euro to wipe it.

Its only a fiver,well recommended

Are the tyres shined also ?

Reason I ask, the place beside KFC, the eco friendly car wash or whatever it's called, charge a 10er but really do leave the car gleaming after, especially the tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Tyres aren't shined, but what do you expect for a fiver! Beware of those ecovalet places - they use little or no water and are harmful to your paintwork long term

Lohunda is a hand wash

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭TomPetty

Hi Guys,
    Id it more than a fiver for a 7 seater typr car ?
    Thanks,

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Alaska1 wrote: »
    Are the tyres shined also ?

Reason I ask, the place beside KFC, the eco friendly car wash or whatever it's called, charge a 10er but really do leave the car gleaming after, especially the tyres.

No tyres shined,I think he puts that black stuff on for a euro...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

On the subject of car washing etc, this deal may be of interest

Interior and Exterior Valet for €19.50 at D15 Valeting (68% Off)

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/east-coast-and-midlands/d15-valeting/3470969?CID=IE_AFF_166_10_1_1&utm_source=aff_166&utm_medium=aff_10&utm_campaign=aff_1&utm_content=aff_1

Advertisement