Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Win $10,000 in app store competition to celebrate the 25 billionth download

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

http://www.apple.com/itunes/25-billion-app-countdown/

You have to be download 25 billion but there's also a non purchase option there where you fill in an entry form. Worth a try sher!

$10.000 store credit well done apple would be great for someone on here to win it tho. What's the count now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Mr.S wrote: »
    $10,000 for the App store though. Not the Apple store.

You can get music,books and films with it too though.i wouldn't say no.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Winner will obviously be from the US. Be amazed if it wasn't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I wonder if the download clock on that site is accurate. I'm biding my time here waiting patiently until I start to make my move! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Looks like it's 2 1/2 days away..probably 2 days away if it gets a lot of advertising. Although I could be wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I wonder if the download clock on that site is accurate. I'm biding my time here waiting patiently until I start to make my move! :)

F5 anyone ?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Ah fiddlesticks. I read the counter wrong

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

TheZohan wrote: »
    Looks like it's 2 1/2 days away..probably 2 days away if it gets a lot of advertising. Although I could be wrong!

It's doing about 20 - 35 million a day! There's still over 500 million to go! It should be towards the end of March at the earliest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Wow just looking at that counter makes me wonder how their bank balance counter is going up too! :eek:

antodeco wrote: »
    It's doing about 20 - 35 million a day! There's still over 500 million to go! It should be towards the end of March at the earliest!
    think its a bit more than that, when i posted at 4am it was at 24,480,xxx,xxx and now just over 14 hours later its gone up over 26,000,000

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Counter is for illustrative purposes only.

Can't go by the counter so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

TheZohan wrote: »
    Can't go by the counter so...
    definitely not
    Counter starts on same number each time you open it lol
    Edit
    actually it's goin up again now weird
    It's definitely not a real time calc anyway

I've seen variations of 30-40k each refresh of the counter. I wonder is it anyway accurate at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

It will be 25 billion by 9 I clock at the rate it is increasing !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Over a thousand apps purchased/downloaded every second?!

Advertisement