Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Fire Brigade Recruitment 2012

• 20-02-2012 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi all
    The word on the street is that CFB are going to be advertising this friday in the IRISH EXAMINER;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Det. John Kimble

Any idea on how many people they will recruit?
    I guess my chances of getting in would be low because i heard theres hundreds going to apply for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Good to hear CFB may be recruiting, I'm in the process of selection with Waterford City Fire Service, from what I've heard, not as many people actually attended selection exams for Waterford Fire Service as was expected, so I'd say chances of getting in are always a bit better than you'd originally think. Keep an eye on the Irish Times tomorrow, also the CFB website..I'll be applying if they are recruiting, we definitely won't get it if we don't apply, that's the only certainty..

Best of luck to all who do apply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭seniorstaff

Any idea on how many people they will recruit?
    I guess my chances of getting in would be low because i heard theres hundreds going to apply for it!

there is talk of 18 recruits needed, there will be thousands not hundreds applying, best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭morgan2009

there shall be alot alright as northern ireland fire service last year had 40 positions and over 6.000 applied,, good look to all,

18 recruits, that's promising! Will definitely be applying! Best of luck to all who apply!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭maddog1983

how do you go about applying so does anyone know plz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

maddog1983 wrote: »
    how do you go about applying so does anyone know plz?

It's all explained in the advert:

http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/...dvert/4348.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭maddog1983

Thanks alot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 leonard o farrell

I want to be certain if i registered properly for the recruitment for the cork city fire brigade. What do i do. Is the internet the only way of register . Thanks :)

Leonard: Yeah you register for job alerts on publicjobs.ie, then choose emergency services/security alerts, and anytime an opportunity arises in Fire/Gardai/Medics etc, you'll be sent an email alert..

http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/...dvert/4348.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭King Eric

Hey all, I've just applied for this on the publicjobs.ie website.

Just to check that everyone else just had to put in very basic details, name address, PPS number and ticked a couple of check boxes to confirm that you have a drivers license and leaving cert.

I was sure it would be more involved and want more information/ a cv at this stage, have I missed something or at this stage is it that easy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭searescue

Yup, that's it. Was surprised myself.

Cork city council will only be giving out application forms to those that pass the phychometric tests ,then the fitness tests, and after they have done the fire brigade tests eg hose running/ladder climb. confined spaces etc etc, so the final selection will be from a very small group who have passed all the stages and will be given forms to fill before the interview process
    This way they save on wasting application forms and staff hours sorting out those forms etc etc,it is said that the recruits will be starting training in september so that means job offers in mid july
    18 recruits are being sought
    Best of luck to all applicants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭King Eric

@ seniorstaff makes total sense. I thought they'd try narrow down the numbers a bit before doing all the tests. Then again, thinking about it, it's probably easier to let a computer and stats figure it out all rather than going through thousands of cv's

@searescue Thanks a mil, you've put my mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Det. John Kimble

there is talk of 18 recruits needed, there will be thousands not hundreds applying, best of luck with it

thanks for that :)

Anybody with any updates on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 MacOwen

Heard nothing yet

Likewise, nothing yet, I believe we'll be contacted in April with details, I'd assume it'll be through the Publicjobs messages on their site...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,607 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What is involved in the Aptitude Test? Is it like you watch a video a Try to remember objects in different rooms and oxygen time test ?

The phycometric tests will weed out a lot of applicants, then the fitness tests will bin a lot more, then your down to the practical job related tests , that has lost a lot of people in the last few recruitments,eg people who are afraid of darkness and confined spaces/ fear of heights/ and those who crack under pressure as they may be very fit etc but when they put on a B.A set and go into confined spaces in darkness ,that sorts it out pretty quickly

Best of luck with the application

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    What is involved in the Aptitude Test? Is it like you watch a video a Try to remember objects in different rooms and oxygen time test ?
    Read the stuff available re aptitude tests on the website, fire service related tests are quite thorough and only those who are capable get through it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Blooming

Applied for this position in February. Was having another look at the information booklet and saw that I am meant to get an acknowledgement of receipt of my application within one day:confused: what format does receipt come in?
    I received no email but on my public jobs account it shows my application is 'submitted'. Is this ok? I'm just a little worried as the closing date is tomorrow night:eek:. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Giojohn

@ Blooming

I did get an E-mail from Public jobs straight after i Submitted my application ,it says that if you do not receive confirmation you should contact Pamela O Meara on 01 8587694.
    Maybe you should ring to put your mind at ease

Best of luck,let the best 18 win :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭B2deF

Any dates on when these tests will take place? I assume being from Dublin will not be a disadvantage?

Any good free online examples of aptitude tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Giojohn

we wont hear anything until the 9th of April at the earliest

Giojohn wrote: »
    we wont hear anything until the 9th of April at the earliest

Really? Ah, the wait...

The applications are being processed and applicants will be hearing sometime in april
    They hope to be starting recruit training by the end of september so there wont be any undue delays once they get going
    the original figure was 18 recruits , but it seems due to the financial side of things it may be only 12, this is unconfirmed as yet

if anyone knows any of the last probationers that were taken on,my advice would be to pick there brains as to what was involved

This selection process is going to be long and hard and a very high level of fitness and physical strength is a MUST, if you are claustrophobic or have a fear of heights dont bother going any further as you will NOT get through the Fire Brigade Tests
    Best of luck to all applicants

• Registered Users Posts: 25 miseannmarie

Any idea if you can apply late? Was away and only seeing this now and I have been waiting so long for them to recruit!
    Any help much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭morgan2009

Any idea if you can apply late? Was away and only seeing this now and I have been waiting so long for them to recruit!
    Any help much appreciated

hi there,,
    it says on my email from publicjobs

You should complete the questionnaire in one sitting and it must be
    completed by 5pm on Monday 2nd April.

hope this helped you..:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 miseannmarie

Where can I access this ??

Advertisement