Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City Fire Brigade Recruitment 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Lezdid

Hmmmm, won't be this week so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭imonboard

Fire1985 wrote: »
    I rang today and the woman said she was still looking through our forms & that it was only her doing it. Afterwards her superiors will look at them. This is what she told me.
    I asked about when we would hear & she didn't know!

Did she say how many forms she has to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

50 of us hopefuls left!

50 of us hopefuls left!

50?!? Thought there would have been a few more than that. Not complaining though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 gbucks7

Fair play to us 50 remaining, we've come along way so far, out of thousands that applied a pat on the back is well in order

• Advertisement

Next week it is. I'm losing my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Justme007

Theres more than 50 left and by all accounts the earliest the interviews will be at the end of September. That's the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 natian08

Justme007 wrote: »
    Theres more than 50 left and by all accounts the earliest the interviews will be at the end of September. That's the earliest.
    Either way they are obviously still cutting from the forms just sent and then cutting more from the next.its looking like maybe interviewing 2 for each position at this stage.nerves are gone by now so just chillin and waiting.

It's got to be today .
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 soldier boy

Hopefully, Nearly Tearing the hair out, checked emails ten times already today. just want to get the good news so i can progress.:D
    Hopefully:P

• Advertisement

Next week it is then (i hope).

Got a interview . Happy days

Got mine too. delighted, can't wait.
    ugh god that was some nervous wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 gbucks7

Same here, happy days. I'd like to know how many have progressed

Got mine. The application questions are not that clear. Working in a highly regulated environment one in particular doesnt really ask a question.

Got mine aswell.Now its all down to ourselves lads.Best of luck to everyone as this has been a long road and whoever gets it deserves it at this stage.Anyone else get excited when they see the tenders heading out to a call or is it just me :D lol

FINALLY!!!, just checked my emails a while ago after work. They have not left much time to get that form back to them. Anyway, its something to get working on. Looking forward to the interview now.

Alot to get done, would really want it sent by Friday. I presume we attach a photo to all 5 copies?

imonboard wrote: »
    Alot to get done, would really want it sent by Friday. I presume we attach a photo to all 5 copies?[/Quote

I reckon so, does no harm. Let's just hope there's not 5 people on the interview panel!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Alan2486

don't post on this much but good luck to all of ye, where on the final hurdle, an achievement 2 be this far, from what I got told there was over 7000 applied and now there's 50 left, be nice if there was a postion 4 us all but life isn't that easy, hopefully i'll be work colleagues wit a few of ye soon!!!!

• Advertisement

Form sent. Took me ages it did. Relieved now.

Me too, was glad to see the back of it!

Did anybody not get an interview, it doesn't seem that way so far, so why keep us waiting so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭2mature

Just handed in my forms aswell, from anybody i knew going for it all got interviews so son't think there was cuttings from the last form

I rekon you guys are right. It said on the last application that we were through to next round (interview) pending we met requirements like pass maths in junior cert. also to make sure we had no charges or convictions .

Agreed, the last cuts were made prior to the last form it would appear. Once u met the minimum standards u got an interview.

Does anybody know over how long a period the interviews are being held?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭2mature

All i know is I have mine on the 12th and a guy i know has his on the 4th...

I was talking to a guy that has his the 2nd.So far we have the 2nd to the 12th.Anyone else before or after these dates to give us an idea when they are finished?

• Advertisement

I'm bang in the middle of those dates. They look to be interviewing the first two weeks of Oct so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Alan2486

Handed my forms in last tuesday and HR confirmed that there is 74 of us left but she couldn't tell me how many jobs were available as she didn't know, One of the officers in the station said 18/20 but said it was only a guess!

74?
    Fu(k that.
    Gona be tough

The first day of the interviews is definitely October 2nd. I'm fairly sure there are 6 per day. That's 13 days approx not counting weekends that brings us to the 18th roughly. It'll be the end of October when we find out I'd say.

Just wondering what is the salary in Cork. Are the figures on the candidate info booklet before or after tax. What allowances are there. Ye can pm me if its not meant for public eyes. Thanks

Just wondering what is the salary in Cork. Are the figures on the candidate info booklet before or after tax. What allowances are there. Ye can pm me if its not meant for public eyes. Thanks

I'm not 100% sure but I think your starting before tax will be about €24k. Fire fighters can get up to 19 allowances which makes the wages a little better but the way the government are going the €24k could be €21k and a lot of the allowances not given to the new recruits. It used to be a well paid job but those days are over I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

WOW. That’s nearly minimum wage. When you compare to almost any other industry in Ireland it is shocking. Its definitely not for the money we are pursuing this career.

Am I right in saying the interviews start this week?

Lezdid wrote: »
    Am I right in saying the interviews start this week?
    They started yesterday. 9 interviews per day and we should find out in 5/6 weeks.

Did my interview lads. There was 11 on the list for the day. 4 days this week and 4 day next week.
    Where did you hear 5/6 weeks? I hope your wrong .
    I can't wait that long.
    I'll go crazy :)

11 on one day? They must not be giving much time for the interview.

• Advertisement

Lezdid wrote: »
    11 on one day? They must not be giving much time for the interview.
    Ye honest to god. 11 on my day anyway. Maybe different each day I don't know.

Well hope it went well for ya. I'm up next week. Been a long wait!

Lads, if anyone finds out when we will here back after interview stage will you post it up here.?
    Also when is the training supposed to start?

Thanks & goodluck

Lads, if anyone finds out when we will here back after interview stage will you post it up here.?

Thanks & goodluck

I think the training starts in January

Thanks & goodluck

Cheers man,
    Where did you find that out?
    I was thinking the same.
    I emailed a few questions to HR today & I'm waiting reply.
    Ill post up what they tell me if they email me back.
    The whole thing is like one big secret.
    Hard to find anything out

Cheers man,
    I was thinking the same.

According to one of the firefighters i was talking to at the station, its January.
    Ya please do post any info you find out. Thanks

i asked the interview panel and the hr girl before you go in, and they said there isn't a set date to go in yet.
    and it was the same about interview response, but he did say it would be 4-6 weeks, so middle of November maybe

i asked the interview panel and the hr girl before you go in, and they said there isn't a set date to go in yet.
    and it was the same about interview response, but he did say it would be 4-6 weeks, so middle of November maybe

4-6 weeks. Eh that's a bloody joke.
    Sick of all this waiting around.

4-6 weeks. Eh that's a bloody joke.
    Sick of all this waiting around.
    It will be worth it in the end, people at the end have less time to wait, which may have been better from a waiting perspective, but being on the first days was a plus i reckon because you didn't over think things

Thanks & goodluck

Cheers man,
    I was thinking the same.

Did HR ever get back to you....Are they receptive to follow up questions?

• Advertisement
Advertisement