Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Fire Brigade Recruitment 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Lezdid wrote: »
    Fire1985 wrote: »
    Just seen that DFB are going to recruit now.
    Typical .
    They want to fill 53 positions

Where have u seen this?

Just type in DFB into news on google. It's actually recruitment of 25 for their control room . These new control room recruits will become firefighters within 4 years.
    They are internally recruiting the rest .

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Lezdid

Zorroman wrote: »
    she said it should be earlier than that

...let's hope so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 gbucks7

Did people shake hands on the way out? I only shook one guys hand, the rest stayed seated

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭imonboard

gbucks7 wrote: »
    Did people shake hands on the way out? I only shook one guys hand, the rest stayed seated
    I was the same as you,i wouldnt worry about it,theres alot more we could have messed up on:D

imonboard wrote: »
    I was the same as you,i wouldnt worry about it,theres alot more we could have messed up on:D

Were we required to show initiative and go to the others?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Zorroman

Were we required to show initiative and go to the others?

I really wouldn't worry about it. I didn't do it either, just shook hands with everyone at the start and then shook hands with the interviewer showing me out the door! I'm sure by the end of interviewing 74 people that they were a bit sick of shaking hands! :)

Don't look into it too much, try not to overthink the interview. What's done is done, it will be a veeerrrry long few weeks if you dwell over the interview!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Just type in DFB into news on google. It's actually recruitment of 25 for their control room . These new control room recruits will become firefighters within 4 years.
    They are internally recruiting the rest .

Similar to the emergency call taker position with the HSE then only you have direct job progression?

I am hoping we hear this Friday but I'd settle for Friday week.
    Any longer will be a bloody joke.
    I need to move on if I don't get it & I really need to know ASAP.
    Life on hold since march!

I am hoping we hear this Friday but I'd settle for Friday week.
    Any longer will be a bloody joke.
    I need to move on if I don't get it & I really need to know ASAP.
    Life on hold since march!

Ah I'd say no way to this Friday. They took weeks analyzing computer results let alone having a sit down. I'm the same as you though, everything on hold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 soldier boy

We will be VERY lucky if it is even on to us by the 1st or 2nd second week of november.
    At this stage i am used to the waiting. you will only stress checking emails 100 times a day, and be even more gutted if its not good news like.
    So sit back, relax, and what will be will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Justme007

Good advice. I would think that if we hear by December we'll be lucky. Best of luck to everyone anyone who gets in now deserves it.
    Someone sent me a pm I don't know who it was because I accidentally deleted it. So if it's important could you send it again. Thanks.

Results are out lads :)
    Check emails

Anyone hear back? I got an email a while ago, happy to say I'm through to a medical!

Results are out lads :)
    Check emails

How did u get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Zorroman

Got through to the medical myself too :) Can't believe it. Well done lads

Lezdid wrote: »

How did u get on?

Got a medical . Delighted.
    Well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 natian08

Didnt make it myself lads.Gutted but thats how it goes.Just want to say well done to those that did and best of luck in the service.Maybe you will see me in the future,who knows.

I was unsuccessful too, gutted, back to the drawing board. Best of luck lads, as a matter of interest, when are the medicals?

I was unsuccessful too, gutted, back to the drawing board. Best of luck lads, as a matter of interest, when are the medicals?
    I got through but I really feel for the guys that didn't make it. It's hard to be really thrilled about when you think about the other side of the coin,I was that guy before. The Medicals are on next week I'm doing mine on Tuesday. Well done to who got in and hard luck to all who didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭imonboard

Didnt get it. Annoyed after all the effort. I did excellent in all stages, so confused right now. Best of luck and thanks for keeping the thread going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gar1984

Didn't get through either, really gutted! Well done to all those that made it. Just wondering from those of you who did make it did you have a lot of volunteer work done and if so where, just trying to figure out where I fell down and hopefully try to do better the next time?

Gar1984 wrote: »
    Didn't get through either, really gutted! Well done to all those that made it. Just wondering from those of you who did make it did you have a lot of volunteer work done and if so where, just trying to figure out where I fell down and hopefully try to do better the next time?

Hey gar, sorry to hear you didn't make it.
    I was in civil defence for 3 years and I joined order of Malta for 1year also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gar1984

Hey gar, sorry to hear you didn't make it.
    I was in civil defence for 3 years and I joined order of Malta for 1year also.

Thanks Fire1985, appreciate that. I'll just have to focus on the next recruitment drive and work towards that! Well done for making it!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭2mature

Heya lads,

Didn't get through either...have to say absolutely gutted...thought the interview went well enough but it wasn't to be. Good luck to all who got in it was some competition

Anybody know how many they're taking through to the medicals

• Registered Users Posts: 6 newbie07

Hi lads,

Just heard about this thread. I didn't get through either, gutted! Just wondering, have any of ye been listed on the panel, trying to figure out how large the panel is.

newbie07 wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Just heard about this thread. I didn't get through either, gutted! Just wondering, have any of ye been listed on the panel, trying to figure out how large the panel is.
    The email says the council intends to appoint 18 candidates from this panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 newbie07

I know that they are taking 18 from the panel but was just wondering how many people are on the panel in total. According to the email they can call people off the panel over the next 3 years so just wondering how many people are on it?

• Advertisement

Anybody know how many they're taking through to the medicals

Advertisement